HAGBOURNE CE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Main Road, East Hagbourne, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 9LR
Tel: 01235 813367 Email: email@example.com www.hagbourne.oxon.sch.uk
Wednesday 2nd November 2016
We hope you have had a great half term holiday. We are looking forward to a busy and productive term.
Here is some information about Year 2 for the weeks ahead:
- If your child is unwell please phone the school office each morning they are off, ideally before the register.
- Doors open at 8.35am and register is 8.45am.
- They need to put their P.E kits in the P.E boxes.
- Children will need a named P.E. kit in school all week. P.E. will take place on Tuesdays and on Wednesdays.
- We will hear your child read in Guided Reading Groups and 1:1. Please see one of us if you have time to spare to hear readers.
- It is important that you continue to hear your child read at home. We would like you to aim for 5-10 minutes daily, and to record it in their school diary. Please can these be signed off by a parent/carer before Friday morning as this is when we check the reading has been completed.
- Children will continue to have daily phonics sessions.
- Homework books will continue to be set on a Friday due in for the following Friday. Please check the sticker inside the book for page numbers to be completed that week.
- If you would like to do extra with your children they can log in through the school website and use the online platform to access RMeasimaths, Bug club and Rainforest coding to name a few. Details of how to log in were sent out last term and children have all practised logging in in class so should be able to do this fairly independently.
- Please meet your children by the exit near the staffroom. School finishes at 3pm.
If you need to speak to us please pop in to arrange a time to meet. It is usually better to arrange an appointment for the end of the day when we have more time to talk with you.
Thank you for your continued support, it is going to be an exciting and hardworking term.
Stacey Buckley, Alison Matthews and Michelle Rowe.