GUNN HIGH SCHOOL
T H U R S D A Y , M A Y 2 5
ALTERNATE SCHEDULES FOR MAY 30-JUNE 1
Tuesday, May 30
Period B final (8:30-10:10)
Period D final (10:30-12:10)
Break with NO LUNCH SERVED (12:10-12:40)
Zero & H Period finals (12:45-2:25)
Wednesday, May 31
Period A final (8:30-10:10)
Period C final (10:30-12:10)
Period G final (12:45-2:25)
Thursday, June 1
Period E final (8:30-10:10)
Period F final (10:30-12:10)}
- Seniors: if you didn’t pick up your cap and gown on Tuesday, come to the Main Office.
- If you want community service hours, help stuff Gunn’s summer packets June 5-7, 8-noon. Contact Ms. Main in the main office.
- This Friday our PTSA is hosting a FREE all-school BBQ during lunch near the cafeteria and Quad. Choose a hamburger, cheeseburger, polish hot dog, BBQ chicken, veggie or gluten-free burger. Choice of green, potato or fruit salad, with chips and ice water. All plates, forks and cups are compostable!
- If you registered to take AP US History next year, the instructions for your summer preparatory work are here! Get them from Mrs. Bocksnick in the Social Studies K-building office. The last day to pick up your instructions is June 1.
- Students: help us get a great group of Peer Leaders together to continue the work of Sources of Strength next year to promote overall wellness and Titan strength. Nominate potential leaders and participants at https://goo.gl/forms/Hwr6CZPJMNvfgtB43.
- Baccalaureate is May 28 at 2pm in Titan Gym. Doors open at 1:45, so please arrive promptly with your family dressed in your graduation gown over dressy/casual attire (no jeans or sneakers). Leave your graduation caps at home.
- Graduation rehearsal is May 30 in Bow Gym. All seniors need to arrive promptly at 8am for the rehearsal. After rehearsal, students need to check in for the picnic. Graduation speakers will stay after rehearsal for a short sound check.
- Graduation is May 31 at 5pm on the football field. All seniors meet in Bow Gym no later than 4:30pm for final instructions before the ceremony. Attire for graduates is dressy/casual with cap, tassel and gown zipped up. Seniors need to be on time since the ceremony will not be held for late arrivals. Graduation parking is limited on campus so please walk, bike or carpool or park at Terman Middle School. Handicapped parking is available on the Miranda Street side of campus, with a shuttle cart to the field.
- GradImages will take photographs of Gunn’s graduation ceremony, and you can pre-register at gradimages.com/preregistration to share your photos and get a 20% discount on orders over $50.
- Attention Class of 2018: if you want your Community Service hours to go on your Gunn transcript, the yellow Community Service Tracking Form must be turned in to the Assistant Principal of Guidance by September 8, 2017 at the latest. Remember: you must have at least 100 hours of service on the form before you turn it in. And it must be legible.
- Hey, Juniors -- it's time to start scheduling your Senior Portrait session for the 2017-18 school year! Visit the Now and Forever Studio website to book your appointment. All seniors need to be photographed by January 10, 2018 to meet the yearbook deadline, so book early and get it done. The website is: NowandForeverStudio.com.
- Attention Seniors: if you are planning to attend a 4-year college next year, you MUST tell Parchment which college is to receive your Final Transcript. Be sure you take care of this last step before you graduate on May 31! And remember, the Registrar will only send your Final Transcript to ONE COLLEGE, unless you are in a Wait List situation. If you are in a Wait List situation, you must stop by the Registrar's office and show her your Wait List letter. Questions? See the Registrar.
- VTA Summer passes are available now in the SAC. Go anywhere in Santa Clara County this summer for only $50.
- If you are under 18 and still a high school student, you need a work permit. Download one from the pausd.org website or get one in Room E-3, the Work Experience office. Completed permits are mailed to your employer. If you start working after June 2, take your Work Permit request form to Palo Alto High School's Tower Building, where permits are processed during the summer.