Bursary awarding is an important area of adept’s work in supporting professionals working with D/deaf learners.
This Bursary comes from the surplus of ACSW funds when adept was formed in 2014. It allows adept members to access education/training to equip themselves by developing their skills and knowledge to support D/deaf learners in UK.
Conditions of the Bursary
Please read carefully
- For adept members only
- The Bursary covers: course expenses and other expenses such as travel, training materials, or books, excluding refreshments/ meals.
- The maximum monies granted per application will be £250.
- The course should be offered at a reputable institution/ company within the UK.
- Courses/ training information should be as up to date as possible.
- There is a set amount available for each application period. Once the monies have been allocated, the Bursary fund is closed until the following application period.
- The application is to be made using the appropriate form only.
- Applications are considered on a first come first served basis.
- Successful applicants are not allowed to apply to the Bursary fund for the following application period. This is to allow others to take advantage of this opportunity.
- The applicant will be reimbursed for the awarded figure, after proof of expenditure is provided.
- Bank account details may be required for payment of monies.
- If the Bursary is not required, the applicant is required to inform adept, so the monies can be re-allocated.
- If the money is not claimed within 3 months of the completion of the course/training, then the Bursary Award is withdrawn, unless adept has been contacted.
- Applications are accepted from 1 April until 1 March annually.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the decision.
- The decision is final.
- Bursary awards are made to individuals, not organisations.
How to apply
Complete the application form, then email the form to email@example.com