ST. JOSEPH’S PRIMARY SCHOOL. BENALLA
Child Protection – Working With Children Checks Procedure
- All volunteers, contractors and employees other than teaching staff require a Working With Children Check (WWCC) if they are in direct supervision of, or contact with, students.
- All volunteers will be notified of the procedure for obtaining a “Working With Children’s” check annually through the newsletter and the Parent Handbook.
- All employees other than teaching staff will be required to obtain a WWCC upon commencement of employment.
- Parents/ Volunteers / Contractors will be notified when their WWCC expires via a standard reminder template (see letter in ‘Working With Children’s Check’ folder)
- Validated hard copies of WWCC will be collected and housed in a folder in the main office in alphabetical order for staff to refer to when needed.
- All Non Teaching Staff (School Support Officers, Canonical Administrator, ICT Support, Child Psychologist, Specialist Music and BluEarth) will be updated and checked each year by administration staff in January.
- All Volunteers (Volunteers, Reading Buddies, Reading Parents) will be updated and checked each year by administration staff in January.
- All Contractors are required to supply the school with a current Working With Children’s Check.
Administration staff will check the register annually to ensure contractor’s WWCC is current.
- Expired copies and leaving families copies of WWCC will be archived accordingly.
- Data will be recorded on SAS with reminders of expiry dates.
- Records will be checked at the beginning of each year for expiry dates, leaving families and notable refusal of WWCC.
- The school will notify in writing any person who has been refused WWCC clearance. This person will not be able to assist with school activities unsupervised.
- Staff will be informed of persons with refused WWCC clearance.