Beloit College | IT Department
High-volume Document Scanning
Canon imageFORMULA DR-M160 Scanner
- Open DR-M160 CaptureOnTouch software
- Insert document, face down, top-edge first.
- Choose the appropriate preset for what you would like to scan by selecting it from the list on the left side of the window.
1-sided document to B/W PDF
2-sided document to B/W PDF
1-sided document to Color PDF
2-sided document to Color PDF
Scan to image (JPEG)
Send to printer (North Risers)
Hardware Scan Controls
Software Scan Button
- Custom File - If you choose this option you can select the settings you desire for the scan. To do so:
- Click the Scanner setting button.
- Click the Gear icon next to the “Use advanced settings dialog box” setting.
- Choose the custom settings you desire.
- Click OK.
- Click the Output setting button.
- Click and select the file type you desire from the File type drop-down menu. There may be specific settings you can set for some types. Click the Gear icon to access those.
- Select where you would like the file to be saved.
- Click the Scan button.
- Files will automatically save to the Desktop, unless you select an alternative location.
Accessibility Note: By default a PDF document is an image file without accessible text. You can use Adobe Acrobat Pro to recognize text (OCR - optical character recognition) after you scan. Doing so makes the text searchable, selectable, and accessible to screen reader software. Follow these instructions to render text in a PDF.
Note: Please make sure to save your file to an external device or personal cloud storage when you are done scanning, as files will be automatically deleted upon restart due to Deepfreeze. Deleted files will not be recoverable.