Present: Stephen Wright, Alan Smith, Margo Glass, Dave Green, Hal Brockman
- Call to order, announcement and introductions
- Treasurer - Dave - profit YTD approximate to 2016, current on billing, historically ORRC does better second half of the year than first. 2017 continues to looks good
- Membership - Alan
- 920 members. Maybe need more marketing effort related to membership to increase numbers
- Surveys were positive from the event. Have to decide about next year whether we want it to be chip-timed or not $$.
- Purchase Ice towels, to be soaked in ice water, misting station for 10’x10’ tent, FB announcement regarding excessive heat, give participants refund if they request it.
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Three groups using equipment next weekend
- Nothing new. 1200 club looks at alternative vendors and sponsorship. Checking with vendors.
- Under Armor wants to have a welcome to Portland activity with ORRC.
- Taking minutes rotation - Steve -
- rotate assignment monthly. Steve takes July, Hal takes August.
- RDs free membership benefits - Steve
- Motion to consider 1200 Club and 10K Series Coordinators and other committee chairs was approved for free membership benefits, which was offered to RD and board members in June 2017. Free membership is offered after one year of service as committee chair.
- Discussions with potential sponsors - Steve
- Old Spaghetti Factory - considering 1) coupons at race events and 2) major sponsor of Turkey Trot
- KIND - in contact with KIND products to provide booth and products at BDR, Garlic and Blue Lake events
- Half marathon series - Steve
- Adopted that ORRC will offer a 2018 Half Marathon series, featuring Y2K, Vernonia, Garlic Festival and Blue Lake. Steve will be coordinating.
- Hal and David passed out 2017 Turkey Trot shirt samples to each board member