District Wellness Committee Meeting
- Members Present
Burnie Schneiderheinze, Abbie Herrold, Ruth Ann Shipps, and Amy Chapman
- District Wellness Policy Assessment Tool
All members filled out the District Wellness Policy Assessment Tool
- Results of the assessment were reviewed and need for improvement in the following areas was found.
- The committee needs to review Smarter Lunchroom Techniques and apply it to the Wellness Policy
- The committee will look into farm to school activities or a school garden to promote healthy eating
- The committee will look into promoting a bike or walk to school program
- The committee will look into an after school snack program other than backpack buddies
- The committee will look into expanding the options teachers have for rewarding students other than food.
Results of the assessment will be made available to the public through the school website