2 cups cooked brown basmati rice
1 cup mashed sweet potato (substitution: any type of winter squash)
4 medium apples
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ripe plum (substitution: 1 Tbsp. agave nectar)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a pie pan in olive oil and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the rice for about 1 minute, until it starts to have a gelatinous texture. Add the sweet potatoes and process just until mixed. Scoop into pie pan and shape like a pie crust.
- Peel the apples, then quarter them. Cut them into thin slices. Put them in a large mixing bowl and stir in the cinnamon and fresh lemon juice. Do your best to coat the apples evenly. Drizzle in the agave nectar if you're using it. If you're using the plum (which I felt gave it a richer flavor), clean out the food processor and blend the plum until it's liquefied. Pour the plum juice over the apples and stir to make sure it's mixed in evenly.
- Place the apples on top of the crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover the pie with foil and put back in the oven for another 25 minutes.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.