RULES AND GUIDELINES
The Cosplay Karaoke is a fun variation of the karaoke contest where contestants must dress up in costume while singing to their favorite music while the song’s lyrics are displayed onscreen. There will be two versions of this contest for each day. The first day will consist mostly of anime and J-pop music while the second day will consist mostly of popular music. One winner will be declared for each day.
Contest registration is only available online. The following information must be submitted through the form below:
- The contestant’s real name;
- The contestant's stage name;
- The contestant’s working contact details (mobile phone AND email);
The information above must be truthful; falsifying any of the information will result in instant disqualification and the applicant will not be allowed to join the succeeding year's competition as an additional penalty. All registration information will be kept in the strictest of confidence and other competitors will not be informed whether a particular competitor has entered the contest or not.
COSPLAY KARAOKE FINALIST SELECTION
From all the entries submitted online, only a maximum of 10 singers will be allowed to join the competition per day.
Finalists will then be contacted via e-mail, but will need to confirm their entry during the event day itself.
ATTENDANCE AND CALL TIMES
The Contestants must confirm their attendance on or before 2:00 PM on March 25, 2017 (for Anime Edition) or on March 26, 2017 (for Mainstream Edition). They must be in full costume and ready to perform by 3:00 PM. All contestants will be required to purchase tickets to the event in order to participate, but there will be no additional registration fees to join the contest.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that Cosplay Karaoke is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. The Cosplay Carnival organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The Cosplay Karaoke organizing team, Cosplay Carnival organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a contestant in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of the event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
- Cosplay Carnival organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the Cosplay Carnival organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Cosplay Carnival organizers and its staff and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
COSPLAY KARAOKE GUIDELINES
- The competition is restricted to a maximum of ten (10) contestants per day. If the ten (10) slots have not yet been taken by the day of the competition, we will be accepting on-site registration for the remaining slots.
- There will be two Cosplay Karaoke contests. On March 25, 2017, we will have a song list of mostly anime or J-pop songs while on March 26, 2017, the song list will contain mostly Western mainstream music.
- Contestants must be in costume, although the costume does not necessarily have to be from any specific series. The costume could even be an original costume, but bonus points could be provided for particularly creative costumes.
- When the contestant’s turn starts, a numbered list from one (1) to twelve (12) will be displayed on the screen. Contestants will not be told which number corresponds to which song, but the entire song list will be provided beforehand (see below).
- They will then be asked to pick a number that will correspond to a specific song in the list. Once selected, the song title corresponding to that number will be shown, after which the song will be played.
- The song will then be played until the end of the first chorus, whereupon the judges will score their performance.
- The winner of the Cosplay Karaoke: Anime Edition will no longer be qualified to join the Cosplay Karaoke: Mainstream Edition the next day.
Cosplay Karaoke: Anime Edition
1/3 Junjou na Kanjou
Do As Infinity
Asian Kung-fu Generation
Hit in the USA
Let Me Be With You
Round Table feat. NINO
Love so sweet
Hana Yori Dango (live drama)
Card Captor Sakura
Ouran High School Host Club
Cosplay Karaoke: Mainstream Edition
Can’t Stop the Feeling
Highway to Hell
I Want It That Way
It’s My Life
Love on Top
One Call Away
Total Eclipse of the Heart
A panel of judges will judge the contest with the following criteria in mind:
- Voice Quality (40%): The quality and clarity of the singer’s voice as well as the singer’s proper use of diction.
- Performance Quality (45%): Overall quality of the performance including synchronization of the vocals with the music as well as their overall stage presence.
- Costume Quality and Relevance (15%): The creativity of the costume being worn as well as how it complements the performance of the song.
In addition to the judging scores, penalties will be imposed on the following rule infractions:
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct (10% Infraction): For actions that are demeaning to the other contestants or that incite conflict in the competition, a 10% score deduction will be applied. If this unsportsmanlike conduct continues, it may result in disqualification and ejection from the venue grounds.
Cosplay Karaoke judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
At the end of the event, the scores will be tabulated and the highest scores based on the judges will be determined. The awards will be as follows:
- Cosplay Karaoke: Anime Champion
- Cosplay Karaoke: Mainstream Champion
All winners must be present for the awarding ceremony and must be in full costume. If the winner is not present during the awarding ceremony, the next highest scoring competitor will be awarded the prize instead. If there is a compelling reason for the contestant not to be present during the awarding ceremony, they will be required to inform an organizer beforehand and provide a proxy for themselves during the awarding ceremony.
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Cosplay Karaoke Rules and Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.