⛅️ SPRING HAS COME. ⛅️
WELCOME TO SEASON 1 OF PCCL!
We are so excited to announce Season 1 of our league! Things are looking to go much smoother this time around than the previous season. We hope you’re ready!
HERE IS ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.
-- PARTICIPATION --
• THE TEAM SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH, AT 2:00PM PST.
• THE PLAYER SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 3RD, AT 2:00PM PST.
• In order for your team to be considered for participation, your roster must have a minimum of six players BEFORE the deadline.
• If you want to participate in this season, YOU MUST FIND A TEAM AND FILL OUT OUR "JOIN A TEAM" FORM BEFORE THE PLAYER SIGN-UP DEADLINE, OR CREATE A TEAM WITH AT LEAST FOUR OTHER PLAYERS AND FILL OUT OUR “CREATE A TEAM” FORM BEFORE THE TEAM SIGN-UP DEADLINE. You can find our forms here -- www.pccleague.com/entry.html
• If there are too many teams that don't meet the six-player requirement listed above, the following will apply. Any teams with three or less people will not participate. Any teams with four or more people will participate. When teams face off against each other, whichever team has the least amount of players present will set the team count. For example, if Team A only has four players listed on their roster, but Team B has all five, the custom match's team count must be a "4 v 4".
-- BANS --
• The following items have been banned until their specified dates.
Damage - “Willo”
(Banned until further notice.)
Support - “Seris”
(Banned until the conclusion of Week 2.)
• ANY PLAYERS CAUGHT USING ANY OF THESE ITEMS BEFORE THEY ARE UNBANNED WILL BE CONSIDERED CHEATING AND PUNITIVE MEASURES WILL BE ASSESSED.
-- DATES AND TIMES --
• Our first match is officially scheduled to take place during the fourth weekend of April. (04/22/2017 - 04/23/2017)
• Matches will take place at the following dates and times.
PT = Saturdays at 3:00pm
CT = Saturdays at 5:00pm
ET = Saturdays at 6:00pm
WEST = Saturdays at 6:00pm
CEST = Saturdays at 7:00pm
EEST = Saturdays at 8:00pm
AWST = Sundays at 2:00pm
ACT = Sundays at 3:30pm
AET = Sundays at 4:00pm
NZST = Sundays at 6:00pm
-- CHECK-INS --
• Thirty minutes prior to your region's default match date and time, team leaders MUST check-in to our official Discord. You will do this by simply typing “<team name> READY” into the check-in text channel.
• MATCHES MAY NOT BEGIN UNTIL AN ADMINISTRATOR SAYS SO IN THE CHECK-IN TEXT CHANNEL. One of us will write a message that will mention all team leaders present. The message will say something simple. ONLY AFTER THAT POINT MAY THE MATCHES COMMENCE.
-- FORMAT --
• The PCCL’s Season 1 is going to be run on a Swiss-tournament system.
• A “Game” is defined as an instance of competition where the outcome is determined by either the completion of the objective, a team surrendering, or a team being disqualified.
• A “Match” is defined as a full set of Games (i.e., a Best of Three (3) series) that is played until a team wins a majority of the Games.
• Season 1 matches are going to be different from Season 0. Rather than one “Best of Three” match, TEAMS WILL NOW FACE OFF IN ONE “BEST OF FIVE” MATCH. This means that the first team to win THREE games wins the match, and wins the week!
• Above is a simple chart detailing which team will receive first pick in each scenario.
• Prior to each match, the schedule will be announced every Wednesday through our Discord. The schedule will detail the starting side each team has been assigned, and what team they will be going against for the current week. This announcement will also include the opposing team leader's DiscordTag, so that team leaders may communicate to each other via Discord. TEAM A WILL ALWAYS CREATE THE CUSTOM MATCH.
• BOTH TEAM LEADERS MUST HAVE DISCORD OPEN DURING THE MATCH, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY WILL BE USING IT OR NOT.
• Once the team leader of Team A opens up their Paladins client, they must create the custom games using the following steps.
1) Select "PLAY" from the Paladins main menu.
2) On the "Play" screen, at the right-hand side of this screen, select "CUSTOM".
3) On the "CUSTOM" screen, at the bottom-left corner of this screen, select "CREATE".
4) Select the correct map, according to the corresponding game. If you don’t recall which map must be selected, please refer to our Schedule page, at www.pccleague.com/season_1_schedule.html
5) Type the name of your custom game. It should be something short and simple, and the other team leader MUST be notified of what the name will be.
6) Type the password of your custom game. It should be something short and simple, and the other team leader MUST be notified of what the password will be.
7) The region should be set to your default region, but if it isn't, set it to the region according to your teams.
8) SPECTATOR MODE MUST ALWAYS BE ENABLED.
9) Set the draft mode to "Competitive".
10) Set the team size to "5 v 5" (or in accordance to how many players are present).
11) Double-check that all settings are correct, then select "CREATE".
12) Now that the custom game has been created, the team leader of Team A must tell the team leader of Team B the password that was created for the game, as well as notification that the game has been created and their team may join. Wait for all ten players to join your custom game.
13) Once all ten players are in, select "START GAME". Remember to play fair, and have fun!
NOTICE: There have been special occasions as to where the game will not start upon clicking "START GAME". Should this happen, the team leader of Team A must select "CANCEL", and recreate the custom game. The opposing team leader must be notified if this happens.
-- PAUSING --
• Remember that each team is only allowed ONE pause per game. You can only pause if there is a serious problem that only an administrator can handle. Should that be the case, pause the game by typing "/pause" into the in-game chat, and immediately contact an administrator through Discord explaining what the problem is.
• Pauses typically shouldn't last more than five minutes, but it depends on the case.
-- SETUP TIME --
• Once a game is over, each team is allowed a fifteen minute break in between games to discuss strategies, use the bathroom, drink some water, stand up and stretch, etc. This is known as "setup time".
• THE NEXT GAME CAN NOT BEGIN UNTIL BOTH TEAM LEADERS CONFIRM THEY’RE READY FOR THE GAME TO BE CREATED.
• Once confirmed, the team leader of Team A must create another game using the same steps listed above in the "FORMAT" section.
-- MATCH WINS / REPORTING SCORES --
• Games will continue until one team has won THREE games. The team that wins three games first wins the match.
• Once the match is over, the leader of the team that won the match must fill out the match report form via the schedule announcement that was posted the Wednesday prior to the current match.
• IF ANY OF THE INFORMATION IN THE MATCH REPORT IS INCORRECT, IT WILL NOT BE COUNTED. Please heed warning to this! If you want your match to be counted, FILL OUT EVERYTHING CORRECTLY!
• Once the match report is submitted, the team leader that submitted the match report will be notified via email if their match report was approved or rejected. If approved, the report will be applied to our website! (Please allow at least 24 hours for the website to be updated.) If the match report was rejected, the corresponding team leader will receive an email with further details.
-- VARIOUS --
• If your team needs some practice, post a "Looking for Scrim" message in our "scrims" discord text channel, or search for a "Looking for Scrim" post that fits your needs!
• If one (or more) of the players on the opposing team is not on their official roster and has not been accepted as a ringer, contact an administrator through Discord immediately.
• Likewise, if you suspect (or know) that a player or team is breaking the rules, contact an administrator through Discord immediately.
• Once the four weeks of the regular season has concluded, another post similar to this one will be created for the playoffs format.
-- CONCLUSION --
That should cover everything!
TIME FOR YOUR TEAM TO SHINE. WELCOME TO SEASON 1!