SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:11pm at Petco in SLO
Introductions & members in attendance: Shari Ziegenbein, Monica Firchow, Janell Fleenor, Karyn Convertini, Jennifer Nowell, Shawn Barnes
Minutes: No official past minutes. Not read.
- Karyn read the Profit & Loss Statement (enclosed) out loud.
- “Airfare” expense was for judge who drove but charged us what their airfare would have cost, instead of miles. Saved us money, as mileage would have been more expensive.
- Judges > Meals: reimbursement for the dinners which Judges purchased, since they were not provided at the show
- “Entertainment” not quite sure what that was
- “Other Expenses” may be from members not paying for the donations they agreed to?
- Ideas to decrease show/operating costs:
- Storage: move to a box storage and place on a member’s property
- Issues arise when member possibly does not remain a member in a future year
- Currently pay $135/month for appx 10’x12’ storage
- Best in Show winning $ amount should decrease next year from $300
- Focus on getting local judges
- More volunteer stewards, fewer that we have to pay
- Discrepancies in P&L, clear up with treasurer
- Discrepancies include “Other Income” and “Other Expenses”
Past Show Business:
- Karyn: Schedule went well, clear and easy to follow. Was on time.
- Shari: Move wine and cheese table to a better/different location next year. Perhaps next to the door where the EMT guys were this year. Put EMTs where wine & cheese were this year.
- Robin Blackburn will be the new show chair
- Karyn: We should run a Steward Seminar to increase the amount of volunteer stewards we can use
- 2 people (sites) camped Sunday night without paying. We have pictures of the setups and may attempt to be reimbursed for the cost of their camping.
Next Show Business:
- Jennifer & Richard Gearhart have spoken with the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of America and have gotten them to agree that next year if 10+ entered or there are majors in the entries, RR will sponsor a supported entry.
- Karyn’s friend has offered to donate for next year’s trophy fund.
- Next year’s 6 judges have been semi-selected:
- Mr. & Mrs. Myers (2)
- Barbara Alderman
- Mr. & Mrs. Krogh (2)
- How to increase activity? Membership at meetings as well as people working the show
- Monica: Send monthly (?) messages to the list of potential interested people that Hannah gathered.
- Shari: Personal touch on Facebook: each person who “likes” things on the SLOKC page should get a Facebook message inviting them to a meeting/to join the club.
Next Meeting: Christmas party in December, date and time TBD
Close Meeting: 8:06pm
Minute Taker: Secretary-In-Training Janell Fleenor