1801 Fisher St.
Madison, WI 53713
Oshkosh Corporation, Oshkosh, WI - Lead Technical Analyst - Enterprise Middleware
FEBRUARY 2018 - PRESENT
- Technical lead for DevOps-related initiatives around Ansible, Ansible Tower, XebiaLabs XL Release, GitLab, and Containerization using Docker EE and OpenShift.
- Deployed an upgrade of an Oracle Fusion Middleware software project management solution crossing multiple infrastructures (AIX, RHEL 7), utilizing Ansible to automate deployment several weeks ahead of schedule.
- Lead the technical deployment of a Docker-based, RFID IoT project based in a highly secured environment, including setting up RBAC, firewalls, security logging and configuration.
- Developed base infrastructure for automating middleware operations using Ansible.
- Provided guidance and mentorship around DevOps principles of “Infrastructure as Code”, automation of processes, and concepts of Flow.
- One of the major contributors on a team developing Oshkosh’s container development strategy, focused on OpenShift, Docker EE, and practices and procedures for secure development.
Alliant Energy Corporation, Madison, WI - IT Analyst II
JANUARY 2014 - FEBRUARY 2018
- Primary responsibility for maintaining 16+ Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) clusters and nearly 300 servers, both clustered and single-instance nodes.
- Develop tooling and stand-alone applications to control, patch, deploy, and otherwise maintain infrastructure products related to FMW systems, such as Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Oracle SOA Suite (SOA), Business Transaction Management (BTM), and Oracle Enterprise Manager - Cloud Control (OEMCC).
- Created web services wrapping Cups4J, providing fault-tolerant, asynchronous printing and reporting capabilities for hundreds of daily work orders printed across remote field offices.
- Developed applications to provide load balancing failover for a Web Services Cluster of WebLogic Servers for patching.
- Developed over 100 different Ansible Playbooks for fielding diagnostic information, patching, and restarting most infrastructure servers under the ESB/SOA servers.
- Active contributor to both StackOverflow and various Open Source Projects.
- Created training, documentation, and helper libraries for the open source version of SoapUI to assist new developers with SOAP and REST-based service development and testing. Training included Groovy scripting, JDBC-based testing, and Asynchronous WS-Addressing service call testing.
United States Army - Reserve, Pewaukee, WI - Team Lead - Interior Electrician (12R)
FEBRUARY 2011 - PRESENT
- Team Leader responsibilities include inventory, supply, logistics operations
- Driver Trainer for Platoon
- Team Lead for the company’s intelligence operations during Afghanistan Deployment from May through December 2013.
- Responsible for planning route operations, investigating intelligence reports, reporting all company movements and intelligence observations to higher command, and prepared daily and weekly briefs.
- Ancillary skill position acquired several months prior to deployment as additional duty
Alliant Energy Corporation, Madison, WI - IT Analyst II - Energy Markets
JULY 2012 - JANUARY 2014
- Maintained and developed trading software and features that were responsible for trading $2B+ annually in Megawatt-Hours (MWh) of electricity.
- Developed solution to reduce risk of base-load forecasting by $10,000 / day of missed or incorrectly calculated demand.
- Was primary developer and on-call for product that was used almost exclusively by the front office trading staff, handling most service issues on a rotating 24x7 schedule.
Alliant Energy Corporation, Madison, WI - IT Analyst I - Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
JUNE 2007 - JULY 2010
- Software developer for software integrations connecting various software products together with employee, financial, security, and supply chain data.
- Developed 30+ integrations using database queries, SOAP-based web services, and extensive use of message-based systems.
- Coordinated meetings, integration plans, documentation, testing, and validation of data integration layers with multiple stakeholders.
United States Marine Corps - Reserve, Rock Island, IL - Unit Administrator (0151)
OCTOBER 2003 - DECEMBER 2010
- Maintained unit records for 150-300 Marines
- Lead multiple teams in physical training activities
- Mentored subordinate Marines in career planning, both for the military path as well as civilian career opportunities
University of Wisconsin - Platteville, Platteville, WI - B.S. Software Engineering
AUGUST 2001 - DECEMBER 2007
Bachelor of Science degree focused primarily on embedded systems, software development lifecycle practices, and various algorithm and software development in network, path finding, and data models. Capstone project included a multi-semester, team-based SDLC project, spanning requirements gathering through deployment into production use. Led back-end ORM team that provided interface for front-end ASP.NET web-based system to communicate to database. Processes included requirements gathering, use case/story building, software development and testing, completed with a presentation to the computer science department.
United States Marine Corps - Certificate of Commendation - 3rd Award
Iraq Campaign Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Army Commendation Medal - 3rd Award
Windows XP/7/10, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian, Arch, RHEL/CentOS/Oracle), Mac OS X (10.1-10.10). Preference for Mac when available, Linux when possible.
Comfortable developing and deploying software on commodity J2EE + WebLogic 11g/12c / Tomcat servers, as well as low-footprint runtimes (DropWizard+Jetty). Experience deploying Docker Enterprise Edition inside a corporate network, including setting up firewall rules, secure authentication, and management/monitoring capabilities.
Framework / Tool
Ansible, Docker EE, Kubernetes 1.10+, Maven 3, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Oracle SOA Suite 11g (SOA), Service Bus 11g (OSB), Business Transaction Management 12c (BTM), Enterprise Manager - Cloud Control 12c (OEMCC), JMS, XML, SOAP, REST, Vue.js, Apache CXF, Dropwizard
Career experience working with a variety of industries:
- Energy Markets
- Integration Systems
- Human Resources / ERP
Experience with Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall-based development lifecycle environments. Familiar with SCRUM, XP, LEAN, and command-directed leadership styles.