Senior Class Officer Information Sheet
Officer Positions include: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary
Senior Class officers will represent the Senior Class at graduation, work as a liaison with Balfour, organize senior year activities,serve on student council and be leaders for the Class of 2020
You must meet the following criteria in order to run/hold position for class officer:
1. 88 overall average (minimum).
2. Attend class at OCHS for a minimum of 2 periods per day both semesters
3. Discipline/Behavior Evaluation (by Admin). No ISS or OSS previous school year allowed.
4. Officers can/will be removed from office for discipline issues that occur during Senior Year.
5. Letter of recommendation from a Faculty Member (brief statement in support of your role as a leader of Senior Class.) Must be turned in by August 26th.
6. Ability to handle Class officer responsibilities on top of your other extracurricular responsibilities.
7. Failure to meet criteria means giving up the opportunity to run/or hold the position.
There will be a mandatory meeting on Monday during your lunch in the Career Center. You must attend one of the 10 min sessions (first 10 min of all 3 lunches) .
YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE MEETINGS IN ORDER TO RUN FOR CLASS OFFICER. (YOU WILL NOT BE ON THE BALLOT IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND THE MEETING).
Elections will be held Friday, August 30th. If there are more than two candidates running for an office, a candidate must win by 5% or more of the total vote or a runoff will be held between the two candidates who received the most votes.
Each candidate may put up campaign signs in the building according to the DISPLAY OF SIGNS GUIDELINES in the student handbook. All signs must be approved and initialed by an administrator. Signs not initialed will be taken down.
All campaigning must be handled by students. No outside visitors, staff, family members or supporters.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see Coach Roach