BASIN BASH TOURNAMENT 2018 RULES & REGULATIONS
The tournament will be governed by Official MLB Rules with the following exceptions:
1. All teams must have rosters completed and turned into the Tournament director
2. All teams must bring birth certificates – They will only be checked upon request by
Tournament Director. Penalty – If player is not of age and birth certificate
cannot be produced, he will be unable to play the remainder of the tournament. This
is not a retroactive rule. Suspension only after discovery.
3. Age Divisions will be determined by your age on April 30th, 2017.
4. Player eligibility: No player may play with more than one team in the same age
division. However, a player may play up an age division and play with more than one
5. Home team is listed first on pool play schedule. Highest seed will be Home Team for
tournament. 8-10U games are 6 innings (9 run rule after 4 innings, 15 run rule after 3
innings) 11-14U games are 7 innings (9 run rule after 5 innings, 15 run rule after 4
innings, 20 runs after 3)
6. All Games will be 7 innings or no new inning after 1 hour and 40 minutes. No time limit for Championship game. In the event time is expired and the game is tied, the game will end in a tie. No tie breaker innings will be played. If time is not expired use the International Tie Breaker rule to break the tie.
7. 4 innings or 1 Hour constitutes a complete game when delayed for any reason or
called off due to inclement weather.
8. 9u & 10u Age Divisions ONLY: 8 runs per half inning: After 8 runs score, teams
exchange offense and defense. Only on an over the fence Home Run can more than 8
runs be scored. In the last inning the 8 run rule per inning does not apply. All extra
inning games will begin with base runner on 2nd base.
9. Base runner may steal or advance to any base after the ball crosses home plate. If a
baserunner leaves the base before the pitched ball has crossed the plate, and is not put
out on the play, the runner must return to the base occupied before the pitch was
made. If a baserunner leaves early and the ball is put into play. The baserunner(s) may
only advance as far as forced to advance by the batter/runner. Batter is automatically
out on a 3rd strike. (9u & 10u ONLY - No 3rd drop strike rule will be in effect).
10. Batting Order Re-entry Rule: Starters may only re-enter one time and in the same spot
in the batting order.
11. Batting Order: There is no limit to the number of players you have in the batting
lineup. A team must bat a minimum of 9 players.
Unlimited Defensive substitutions.
Your defensive lineup is non-related to your batting order. A player may play
defensively even if they are not in the batting lineup.
12. No Restrictions on Cleats. (No Metal Cleats on Portable Mounds)
13. NO RESTRICTIONS ON BATS
14. Bat Boys are not allowed in Dugout or on the Field.
15. Home team will be official scorer unless otherwise designated by umpire in the book.
16. Protests will not be allowed on judgment calls. All protests will require a non-refundable $100 protest fee.
17. We will enforce an avoid contact or must slide rule at all bases. Malicious
contact-runner will be ejected. It is the discretion of the umpire if the runner is trying
to avoid contact or a collision. A must slide rule will be in effect when an infielder is attempting to turn a double-play at second base. If the runner is not close enough to
attempt a slide, he must peel away from the baseline. This rule is for the protection of the
base runner. The runner will be called out only if by his not sliding or peeling away affects the defensive play.
18. Speed up rules for Catchers only.
19. Eliminate defensive huddles prior to your team taking the field in between innings.
20. Only two coaches outside of dugout during games (does not include base coaches).
21. Please have a Catcher available to warm up your Pitcher between innings when your
Catcher is not ready.
22. Pitchers - Maximum of 6 warm-up pitches between innings.
23. No infield before games. Get teams in the dugout and have your teams ready to play
24. End of the game, remove garbage from dugout and clear dugout in a timely manner.
Hold post game discussions outside the dugout.
25. Show respect to the umpires, your players, your opponents and most of all to this
26. No metal cleats on artificial mounds
27. A Pitcher can fake a pick-off move to 3rd Base while being engaged with the pitching
28. One in-game pitch constitutes an inning pitched.(Warmup pitches do not count).
29. If a pitcher pitches more than 5 innings in one calendar day, a 36-Hour rest period will
30. Maximum Innings in One Calendar Day = 7 innings
31. Maximum Innings for Tournament (including championship day) = 11 innings
32. You may re-enter the starting pitcher only, one time.
33. Each team will keep and be responsible for their own pitching log. It must be signed
by the umpire or Basin bash staff at the conclusion of each game. Pitching Log needs
to be available for Basin Bash staff if requested.
34. If a coach has a question about the opposing team's pitching log, he may bring it to the
attention of a Basin Bash staff member. A coach may not request the pitching
affidavit from the opposing coach.
35. If a Basin bash staff member determines that the pitcher in question is ineligible to
pitch, the pitcher will be removed from the mound at the time of discovery. This is not
a retroactive rule.
36. In order to pitch championship day, player must have played in at least 2 pool play
games from the previous day.
TIE BREAKER RULES FOR ADVANCEMENT AND SEEDINGS
37. Best Record
38. Head to Head (only if all tied teams have played each other)
39. Fewest runs allowed
40. Run differential (7 run max per game)
41. Coin Flip or mini-playoff game per the discretion of Tournament Director
42. Team awards will be given for 1st Place of gold and silver brackets
Additional Rules for Basin Bash
1. Ejections – Any player, coach (head or assistant), or fan that is removed from a contest shall remain out of sight and sound from the remainder of that game and the entirety of the next scheduled game. In the event the ejection is after the contest is over, the offender is required to be out of sight and sound for the next two scheduled contests.
2. All runners will be required to do one of 3 things at each base.
a. legally slide (buttocks on the ground at the time of contact)
b. avoid the fielder
c. or give themselves up
Any force play slides must be directly at the base and within the confines of the base, or may be in a direction away from the fielder. Once a runner is out on a potential double play, the runner must give themselves up and not interfere with any further action. Violation of force play slides will result in an interference call and a double play. All other runners will return to the base they obtained at the time of the pitch.
Any Malicious contact will result in an automatic ejection and an out on the runner.
Fielders are not permitted to block a base or home plate without possession of the ball. If a player blocks a base, obstruction will be called and the associated penalty assessed accordingly.