Name: Shawn McCusker
Blog: Go Where You Grow - http://gowhereyougrow.wordpress.com
Name: Jennifer Carey
Blog: Indiana Jen - http://indianajen.com
Wifi: Username= ett
password= ettipad (all lower case)
Advanced iPad App List
OPTIONAL - New & recently published to the App Store
1. Evernote - Workshop Notebook & New Note for each Concept
Evernote Bonus - Can turn into a blog later with Postach.io - Example: gregios.postach.io
2. Google Drive - Workshop Folder & New Doc for each Concept
3. Notability - Workshop Folder & New Doc for each Concept
Socrative Room # - 617617
Polleverywhere URL: http://www.polleverywhere.com/shawnmccusker
ONE SCREEN Activity: Take a screenshot of your own screen & share it with the workshop Padlet wall.
Onescreen Padlet: http://padlet.com/wall/a9880y3ur3
We will also be inviting you to a shared Google Drive Folder Named “ETT Advanced iPad - San Diego 2014” You can find it in Google Drive’s “Shared with Me” tab. When you are creating and publishing files such as Digital Books or Explain Everything projects or video content, place a copy here. This will allow others to view your example and create collaborative work throughout the workshop.
*TIP: Move the workshop folder into “My Drive” to allow for content uploading from your iPad.
1. Create two (2) app fluency paths and a visual for each concept.
2. The visuals will then be uploaded and shared in Google Drive “App Fluency Visuals”
Bonus Challenge: Integrate AirDrop into your app fluency path.
This requires iOS7 and an iPad4th Generation, iPad Air or an iPad Mini
What is App Smashing? Using two or more applications or web tools in conjunction with one another to create a final product or experience that would not be possible with using a single tool.
Multimedia Video App Smash Challenge:
1. Create Content with:
Apps that Export Video to the Camera Roll:
2. Export created video to Camera Roll
3. Import Video into iMovie for another layer of editing / creation.
4. Upload your video to Google Drive shared “App Smashing Video” folder
App Smashing Reflection
BONUS CHALLENGE: Create background music in GarageBand & export to iMovie Project
BONUS CHALLENGE: Download video from “App Smashing Video” folder to create a collaborative video project.
How to export video from Drive to iMovie
Collaborative App Smash: Each group member is going to create a multimedia eBook using material shared from the project group.
Setup: Each group creates a shared Google Drive folder for this mini-project
1. Download or Share content from the group
2. Merge content from collaborators in Book Creator
3. Export / Publish / Share collaborative creation
4. Upload final Book Creator ePub file to Google Drive, “Collaborative Book Creator Projects”
Collaborative eBook Reflection
BONUS CHALLENGE: Audio Creation & GarageBand
Challenge: Create a Podcast / Interview
1. Develop 1 question regarding the use of iPads in education
2. Ask 3 people that question & record their responses
3. Edit the podcast
4. Add background music / sound effects / transitions
5. Export the audio: YouTube / SoundCloud / AirDrop to another iPad
BONUS COLLABORATIVE CHALLENGE:
1. Create a Jam Session with 3 other people
2. Create a live audio recording
3. Jam Session “Director” mixes down the tracks & shares / publishes
Tips to Get Started:
1. Turn off the Metronome
2. Turn on Automatic Length for Section A:
3. Create Multiple Tracks (1 track per voice):
1. Create an account with www.postach.io (use Evernote account to login)
2. Create a new site with Postach.io
3. Pull content from a specific Evernote folder to post to Postach.io
4. Tag Evernote note in specified folder with “published” to post to the Postach.io blog
1. Convert 2 articles to ePub on iPad
2. Open ePub in iBooks & make a new shelf for the 2 ePubs
3. Annotate / Highlight / Sticky Note ePub files
4. Export the Notes via email
1. Install the Evernote Web Clipper for the iPad
2. Find two articles related to iPads in the classroom
3. Clip them to your Evernote account
Please complete this survey before you leave! We really value your feedback.
You are welcome to use all presentation materials and agendas for your own in-house professional development. Please attribute credit to EdTechTeacher.