Board Meeting Notes
- In attendance Wyatt McCrae, Kristen Schmidt, Jeff Beisinger, Dustie Gunn, Ryan Townsend, Steve Whitter (via phone).
Call to order at 6:13 pm
Financial Report - Jeff Beisinger (Red Apple) Finances Strong, Banking money for next year. Discussion of payments to red apple for startup year ($20,000) Application Fee ($6500), 501c3 application ($850) and fees waived during the first year (~5 months of fees).
School Report - Dustie Gunn
Enrollment Update - 165 down from (176)
Potentially 240 students for next year
Copper Point Schools
IHEC Board Meeting
July 12th, 2017 5:00pm
- Ryan Townsend
- Jocelyn Quintanar
- Vicente Fuentes- Telephone
- Financial Report- We have all seen the budget. Our finances are fine now, they have not been in the past, this was our strongest year yet.
- School Report
- Enrollment Update- 142, a little bit lower than we had hoped, but we are hoping to get a bit higher.
- Marketing Update- KGUN, KOLD, Telemundo, Facebook, Door to door, swap meet, etc.
- Adopt FY18 Expenditure Budget- Motion by Jocelyn to adopt the 2018 budget, including the allocation of monies related to the 1.06% teacher salary increase pursuant to Laws 2017 Ch. 305, §33. Seconded by Ryan Townsend, Unanimously approved.
- Student Handbook Approval- Jocelyn motions to approve the student handbook, Ryan seconds. Motion passes unanimously.
- Staff Handbook Approval- Jocelyn motions to approve the staff handbook, Ryan seconds. Motion passes unanimously.
- Staff Contracts Approval- Jocelyn motions to approve contracts for Tandi Young (Bus driver), Adrienne Deboucher (Science Teacher), and Salvatore Giallanza (Science/ middle school math, Ryan seconds, motion passes unanimously.
- Summer Block Party- July 28 at 6:00pm
- Staff Returns July 24th
- School Starts Aug. 7
- Adjourn- Motion to adjourn at 5:23, Vicente seconds, Motion passes unanimously.