IMAGINATION STATION MEMBER BENEFITS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unlimited access to the museum during normal operating hours
- Free or reduced programming fee for both parents and children (parenting education, art lessons, music performances, etc.)
- Reduced museum rental fee outside of regular operating hours
- Free coffee and use of the museum refrigerator
- Maternity Leave of three months if needed
- Members commit to helping the museum with staffing:
- Tier 1 Members commit to working one 3 hour shift once a month or 2 half shifts
- Tier 2 Members commit to working one 3 hour shift every other month or two half shifts
- Members are reminded by email monthly to sign up for shifts using an easy online scheduling program, SignUp
- Members are responsible for finding another member to swap shifts with if they are ever unable to work their scheduled shift
- We understand that emergencies sometimes come up at the last minute. We ask that members call Lyndsey Hix (706) 504-6869 if they learn they will be unable to come that day. They will be asked to fill in another shift that same month. If a member misses (or fails to sign up for) three shifts without notice or without making them up, their membership will be terminated.
- If a member fails to staff two months in a row, and the member is not on approved maternity leave, their membership will be terminated.
- Members may bring their children with them during their assigned shift but are responsible for watching them in addition to performing the duties of staffing.
- Staffing duties are as follows: Staffers open the museum for business (checklist is provided); collect appropriate visitor and merchandise fees; answer questions and orient visitors to the space; ensure that parents/caregivers are watching the children; monitor safe use of exhibits; perform a “quick-clean” of exhibits at the end of the day; close museum at set closing time (checklist provided). See the document titled “Imagination Station Staffing Procedures” (in folder) for more detailed descriptions of duties.
- Work Days & Programs: In lieu of working a shift members may assist the museum by offering children's programs(e.g., storytime, art project, music, etc.). Other opportunities for working at the museum include cleaning, organizing which will be listed on SignUp. In some instances, members may be able to provide the museum with another service if they are unable to work regular shifts due to work/scheduling issues. This special consideration must be brought before and approved by the museum board.