SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:04pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Jeanette Ferguson, Janell Fleenor, Christine Hufford-Brykalski, Carrie Muir, Jennifer Nowell, Shari Ziegenbein, guest Jennifer Tighe (3rd meeting), guest Joan Earhart (1st meeting)
- Approved 5/3/17 minutes. Shari moved to accept, Robin seconded. Passed!
- Remote report from Karyn, who couldn’t make the meeting
- Bank balance $10,491.92
- Insurance hasn’t been paid yet. Jr. Scholarship not paid yet.
Past Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- Juniors Scholarship update: In the future we will just give the kids the $. We will look into the legal ability to do that. Our rules regarding Jr Scholarship were based on Sunmaid’s rules
- Catalog sales: No information yet, we need Karyn’s report
- Storage unit: Shari looked around. Biggest issue is mats. We need to sell them but don’t know how. Mary suggested we sell them to Bradshaw. Robin might talk to Bradshaw this upcoming weekend @ Santa Barbara. The easy ups look pretty sad. We have 38 banners in stock: hanging with triangle bottom- they take up 4 tubs worth of space.
- Idea: September meeting we have at storage unit, dole out stuff/take inventory.
- Robin moved that we disburse the storage unit, sell what we can, buy a shed location TBD. Shari seconded. Motion passed.
- 9/23/17 will be the date members are requested to meet at storage unit and divvy up items. Info to be distributed at Sept meeting.
- One small table reserved for Jennifer Nowell
- Rent for storage unit is due October/November, so good to figure out issues soon.
Next Show: March 29 - April 1, 2018 - Including Easter Day
- Looking to have 8-9 judges for 2018
- Moving to new date that we had already retained for previous date:
- Nikky Riggsbee - yes will move to new date
- Mutherford & Ulvis - no, have prior commitments
- Jean Nelson - Sporting, some working, Non-Sp, Toys, BIS
- Betty Pollock - Some sporting, Working, Toys
- Karen Wilson - Sporting, Hounds, Terriers
- Pam Douglas - All arounder
- Kim Merideth-Cavanna - Lee Herr
- Wyoma Clouss - Julie Felten
- Gary Anderson
- Karyn should do it - Robin moved, Shari seconded. Motion passed.
- Robin checking to see if we can do it a that location
- Show name suggestions are requested. We’re wine, they’re raisins.
- “Grape Cluster” suggested
- Hotel will be available at $99/night at the Marriott
- Supported Ridgeback Entry
- Trophies are done, Jennifer Nowell will choose judges for Ridgebacks
- ALL entry fees should match KCKC, so entries for both shows will match
- Obedience & Rally at show, & owner/handler?
- Eye clinic suggested by Jennifer Nowell
- Easter theme on Sunday, or for whole show?
- Jennifer Nowell will chair theme committee, Shari will assist
- Jennifer may handle, idea: don’t charge for Jr entries
- Received a lovely card from Brian and Cindy Meyer:
Please pass along our thanks to the members of the San Luis Obispo Kennel Club for inviting us to participate in your recent event. It is a fun bunch of people and a beautiful site for a dog show. The hospitality was great! Good luck in your future events.”
- New member inducted into the kennel club: Jennifer Tighe
Carrie moved, Shari seconded, member application approved
Next Meeting: September 20th at 6:30pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero
Close Meeting: 8:30pm by Carrie
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor