7.7 When to Use the Distributive Property
Use the Distributive Property to simplify the following expressions.
Use the Distributive Property to simplify the following fractions.
In 10 – 17, write an expression for each phrase.
- times the quantity of plus 16
- Twice the quantity of minus 3
- times the quantity of plus 2
- A bookshelf has five shelves, and each shelf contains seven poetry books and eleven novels. How many of each type of book does the bookcase contain?
- A student rewrote as . Explain the student’s error.
- Amar is making giant holiday cookies for his friends at school. He makes each cookie with 6 oz of cookie dough and decorates each one with macadamia nuts. If Amar has 5 lbs of cookie dough and 60 macadamia nuts, calculate the following.
- How many (full) cookies can he make?
- How many macadamia nuts can he put on each cookie if each is supposed to be identical?