FAWLEY AFC CONSTITUTION
v 1.3 last updated by Callum Tanner 05/05/2017
NAMES AND DEFINITIONS
- The Holbury Community Association Ltd shall be referred to as ‘the Association’.
- The football club is known as Fawley AFC and hereinafter referred to as ‘the Club’.
RULE 1: CLUB DETAILS
- The club is located at 179/181 Long Lane, Holbury, Southampton, SO45 2PA.
- The colours of the club are light and dark blue at home, and yellow and blue away. Where possible this will be the same from the youth team (under 16’s) through to the senior team.
RULE 2: MAIN PURPOSE
- The main purpose of the club is the promotion and enjoyment of competitive amateur team sport, physical activity and similar sports through fellowship between members of the club, our governing body and the Association.
RULE 3: MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- The club will operate as a sports section of the Association and will be governed firstly by the rules and regulations defined by the Association and the Board of Directors.
- The Association will be governed in accordance with the Companies Act 1985 as amended followed by any other legislation and finally the rules of each individual sports section, in this order of precedence. Where there is conflict between the legislation and the rules of the sports section rules, the former will prevail.
RULE 4: COMMITTEE
- The management of the Club is vested in a Committee consisting of the Club Chairman, club Secretary, club Treasurer, Fawley Falcons chairman and Fawley AFC Supporters Group elected member are referred to as the ‘Main Officers’.
- The Committee will meet on the first Wednesday of every month and a quorum shall consist of 5 Committee members including at least 2 main officers.
- The Committee shall operate a “one person one vote” system on certain items on the agenda to encourage shared decision making among the various members of the club. It will be decided by the club Chairman as to when the agenda item is appropriate to apply this rule.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt other members of the club at any time and to fill any vacancy which may arise from time to time provided that at least 2/3rds of the existing Committee agree to the nomination.
- The Committee will elect one Director to represent the football club on the Board of Directors for the Association alongside the club Chairman who will be the other Director representing the Club.
- Decisions made about the community it serves should have at least one Supporter representative present at the Committee meeting using a ‘one person one vote’ system and decisions should be communicated by the Supporter representatives to the rest of the Supporters group using the message board on the club website.
RULE 5: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held in May or June each year for the presentation, the election of Main Officers and Committee members are finalised.
RULE 6: EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (EGM)
- Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) may be called at any time within 21 days of a request in writing to the secretary by the Committee or not less than 10 ordinary members, stating the purpose for which such meeting is required.
RULE 7: CLUB AND ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
- A membership card will cover both membership to the Club and the Association with the expectation that the rules of both the Club and the Association are followed or appropriate action will be taken.
- Annual membership fees will be determined at an AGM or EGM and will be payable on acceptance of becoming a member. Membership will not be refundable.
- Memberships will be defined as ‘player’ and ‘supporter’ memberships.
- Supporter memberships of the Association have been restricted to 49% of the overall membership total and the Club will remain in line with these targets.
- No ‘player’ whose membership is more than three months in arrears is eligible to take part in any competition promoted by the Club, or to which the Club has an affiliation and his/her membership will be considered as lapsed.
- A list of current members will be submitted to the Board of Directors annually and quarterly updates on new members will also be provided at the quarterly Board meetings.
- Any members failing to produce their card whilst on the premises will be asked to leave.
RULE 8: MISCONDUCT OF MEMBERS
- The Club Committee shall have the power to expel any member of the Club who offends against any of the rules or bye-laws of the Association or the Club. Such a member shall have no right to re-enter the premises pending the hearing of any appeal before the Disciplinary Committee.
- The Disciplinary Committee will consist of the Chairperson of the board, a Director from the Club and two Committee members from the Club.
- The alleged offender will have the right to appeal before the Disciplinary Committee in person but should they not attend without good reason their case may be heard in their absence. The defender has a right to be accompanied by one other person of their choice who may not speak on behalf of the alleged offender. The alleged offender will have the right to present witness statements to the Disciplinary Committee.
RULE 9: FINANCES
- The Club is duty bound to provide books of account to the Association in accordance with statutory format of Companies House.
RULE 10: ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
- The Association is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability and to encourage equal opportunity for all members. The Club must comply with this policy.
- The Association will not tolerate sexually or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour whether physical, verbal or through social media (Facebook, Twitter or the club website) and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
- ‘Kick it out’ and the ‘Respect’ campaigns should be visible at the Club and resources should be reviewed by Committee at AGM and shared with Club members.
RULE 11: EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
- Members are expected to abide by the requirements of the equality act 2010.
- Claims of discrimination which cannot be settled by the sports section shall be made in writing to the Chairman of the Board of Directors who will nominate a sub Committee to investigate. Appeals of the decision will be heard in accordance to the ‘Misconduct of the Members’.