Soccer Six Florida Tournament / Match Laws (revised 6/18)
60 X 30-35 yards, penalty area ( 30 x 24 ), goals ( 6 x 12 ) BALL: size 4 ( provided )
Number of Players
Max 12 players on roster. Games are played with five field players and a goalie, minimum number of players on the field not less than four. Only the 12 players that are on your original tournament roster are eligible to play in the tournament. Players are not eligible to compete on more than one team in a division. Teams caught with an ineligible player will be required to FORFEIT that match. ( 0-3 Loss ) CO-ED At least 2 FEMALE PLAYERS must start games and a team will forfeit if they cannot field at least one female at any time during the match, including sitting for yellow cards. Goals by females are worth 2 scores. NO SLIDE TACKLING in coed, mens 30+, or mens 40+. 30+ teams are allowed 2 players 28-30 on roster. 40+ teams are allowed 2 players 35+ on roster. For these games players may need to show ID upon registering.
Teams may have unlimited subs: 1) either team's goal kick 2) after a goal is scored 3) during injury time out 4) possessional throw-ins (piggy backing is allowed. Example - if you have possession and ask for a sub the other team is allowed to sub as well) 4) before start of new period. 5) after a yellow card has been issued. * carded players must be substituted for except keepers. NO SUBS will be permitted on the fly, or during corner or indirect kicks. ( Referee must approve all subs.. ).
SHINGUARDS ARE MANDATORY and must be completely covered by socks. A penalty kick will be awarded to the opposing team for the shinguard rule violation. All players that are on the pitch must wear shin guards.
Bring two types of jerseys. Home teams are required to change uniforms if primary colors conflict. ( no: shirts vs skins )
2 x 20 min. halves with a 3 min. halftime. OFFSIDES DOES NOT APPLY In case of a tie after regulation , the game will finish as a tie game. A forfeit will be awarded if the opposing team is not ready to play within 15 minutes of scheduled start time.
START OF PLAY
Opposing players must be at least 5 yards away prior to kick offs. Restarts do not have to go forward after goals & to start periods. No drop balls in penalty area.
3 LINE VIOLATION
A player is guilty of a 3 - line violation, when he/she passes or throws the ball across 3 lines in the air, ( cone to cone ) towards the opponents goal, without touching the ground or having been played by another player on either team. An indirect kick will be awarded, to the opposing team, at the point were the ball crossed over the first line.
FOULS & FREE KICKS
All direct and indirect fouls apply. Opposing players must remain at least 5 yards from the ball. Once the referee signals for play to continue, the kicker has 5 seconds to play the ball. PUNISHMENT Indirect free kick, Offensive Indirect kicks must be taken outside of the goal area. Slide tackling is only permitted in Men's and Women's A Divisions and Men's B Division matches.
GOALKEEPERS (standard FIFA rules apply regarding handling of ball by keepers)
1) A goal keeper, having control of the ball in hands, and having released it from his/her hands to be played, either by himself/herself or a teammate, shall not handle the ball again until it has been touched by an opponent, or a stoppage of play occurs.
2) KEEPERS MAY NOT HANDLE THE BALL PASSED TO THEM BY A TEAMMATE, Except: anything above the waist (headers, chest pass, etc.) . Punishment: an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the top of the penalty box.
3) Once the keeper has possession of the ball they have ( 5 ) seconds to put the ball back in play. Failure to do so will result in an indirect free kick for the opposing team at the top of the penalty box.
4) Keepers may not throw, punt, or drop kick the ball in the air over ( 3 ) lines.
5) Keepers may not play throw ins with their hands.
1) A penalty kick shall be taken at the top of the penalty box. All players except the kicker and the opposing goalkeeper must stand outside the top of the penalty area, 15 feet away from the kicker. Players are not permitted on either side of the area.
2) On indirect kicks players must remain 5 yards from ball. Yellow cards will be awarded to players who slow down the flow of the game by not providing the mandatory 5 yards. ( no subs during any penalty kicks ).
The ( 5 ) second rule and the ( 3 ) line violation also apply for throw-ins. The opposing team will regain possession after a ( 5 ) second infraction. KEEPERS MAY NOT PLAY THROW-INS WITH THEIR HANDS.
Goal kicks are taken 1 yard off the end line, anywhere inside the penalty area ( One step off goal line ) Once the ball is retrieved, the player has 5 seconds to play the ball. Punishment An indirect kick will be awarded, to the opposing team, at top of the penalty area. Goal kicks must exit penalty area to be considered in play.
Goals can be scored directly on corner kicks. Opposing players must be at least 5 yards away and the ( 5 ) second rule applies. No substitutions are allowed during corner kicks.
Yellow carded players must be substituted for. Should there be no available subs, the team must play down for 2 minutes. Players ejected from a match will be suspended for at least the following match. Ejections for fighting or any other actions deemed violent may result in suspension from any further play. Should a player accumulate ( 2 ) yellow cards in one match their team will play down one player for the remainder of that match, He/she will also be subject to suspension for the following match. Offensive language is cautionable conduct ( final decisions regarding length of suspension will be made by tournament director)
TEAM & ROSTER REQUIREMENTS
All teams are required to play three games. Teams forfeiting Sunday's matches without written permission, from the Tournament Director, will be suspended from Soccer Six Tournaments for a period of 2 years. Any teams playing with red carded players or players not signed on their rosters will be subject to a forfeit, in that game. Roster check requests must be made prior to or by halftime of a match being played. Both teams will be roster checked. All players must be signed in before playing and must also sign their team’s roster before the start of their 2nd game in order to be eligible. All players must be at least 18 years of age or older.
One referee will be assigned to each match. Two refs for finals.
Regardless of weather conditions coaches and their teams must appear on the field of play, ready to play as scheduled. Failure to play will result in the forfeit of the match. Only referees and/or Tournament Director can cancel or postpone a match. Should a match's progress be terminated due to weather conditions after one half has been completed the match will be considered official and the score at the time will stand.
The tournament director has full discretion in carrying out all rules and exceptions.
WIN = 6 pts, TIE = 3 pts, SHUTOUT = 1pt, LOSS = 0 pts, GOALS = 1 pt ( 3 max ) FORFEIT = 3-0 win ( 10 pts )
1) head to head comp.(Should teams not all have a common opponent, head to head will be disregarded and the next tie-breaker used)
2) most wins
3) goal differential
4) least # of goals allowed
5) most goals scored
6) a sudden death mini game with OT procedures ( to advance to the playoffs ) or a coin toss (to determine seedings in playoffs). If a group has three teams in it, group matches will determine the winner ( not the cross-over match) Cross-over matches will count in the determination of wildcard teams only.
1) ARE SUDDEN DEATH, first goals wins - If the score is still tied after the first 5 minute sudden death overtime each team will be required to remove one player from the field. This player removal will continue until only one goalie and one attacker remain on the field of play. 2) If the game is still tied after the five overtimes a winner will be determined by penalty kicks. Five kickers, If the score is still tied we move to a sudden death round. All players on the roster must have an opportunity to kick before anyone my take a second chance.
SSF games are played through rain but should lightning be present we will announce game delays and pull people off the fields until it is deemed safe to return to play. Should weather conditions (Lightning) appear to be present, please make sure a representative from your team is at the tournament command center so we can avoid forfeits and communicate decisions based on what we are seeing on radar. Should an entire tournament be rained out with no games started, a full refund will be issued. Should pool play (each team’s guaranteed 3 games) not be able to be completed, a pro-rated refund of $100 will be provided for any pool play game that has not exceeded halftime and is unable to be made up (Max $300 refund). Be sure to check the SSF Facebook page and rainout line (813-602-0066 ext. 99) for weather updates and notifications or sign up for e-mail and text notifications by clicking HERE. Choose e-mail or text alerts and click off “Special Events” for the timeframe you wish.