- Participants falling off equipment
- Failure of equipment
- Participants falling against objects
- Sprains and other injuries
- Exercise induced asthma
- Slipping on gym floor due to only having socks on feet
- Participants are taught to be safety conscious and the importance of only jumping in the centre of the trampoline is stressed. Gym activities are supervised by coaches.
- Equipment is of good quality and is inspected regularly by management and by the coaches. Trampolines and all gym equipment are serviced annually.
- Trampolines are sited away from overhanging or protruding objects and gym equipment is made safe by coaches.
- Double bouncing is not permitted at any time. Direction of travel on the gym floor is dictated by coaches
- Participants are not permitted to jump too high. They are also not permitted to perform any move which has not been taught to them. They are only allowed to use the trampolines when a trained instructor is present.
- Those at risk should have their inhaler with them and they or their care worker should know how to use it. Coaches should ensure that participants are able and safe to continue after using an inhaler.
- Participants are expected to wait patiently at the side of the trampoline for their turn. Whilst waiting they are expected to help with “spotting”. Running around the gym between turns is not permitted. Gymnastics to be done in bare feet.