CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Food Service Volunteer
Title: Food Service Volunteer *Position may be shared
Reports to: Food Service Director
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training and orientations. Camp dates and times will vary.
Prepare, serve and clean-up meals as planned in the CampHERO menu. Some meals are prepared by the girls-while food service volunteers guide and support them.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Store, prepare, serve and clean up meals at camp or on the training grounds.
- Assist girls with meal preparation when scheduled.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.