Creating a Google Classroom
Signing Into Google Drive:
- Sign in to your Google Apps account (go to www.google.ttsd.k12.or.us for TTSD staff accounts, also linked on employee portal).
- Get to Google Drive by clicking on the 9 box icon in the top right corner.
Creating & Organizing a Class:
- Click the “+” icon to create or join a class.
- After naming the class, change the theme, add announcements, assignments and students.
Creating an Assignment
- Click “Assignment” to add a new assignment.
- If adding a Google Document of any type, be sure to select whether the file can be viewed, edited, or made into a copy for each student. Once completed, an assignment cannot be edited to “Make a copy for each student.”
- The same assignment can be added to multiple classes (sections) at the same time.
- Title, due date and time, or links can be edited later if necessary.
Reviewing & Grading Assignments
- Click on an assignment name in order to view and evaluate.
- Student assignments can be evaluated by clicking on student name and then their individual assignment.
- Once evaluated, be sure to return files to students in order for the student to retain ownership of their file if desired.
- Student assignment status will change once assignments are completed; if completed past the due date, the status will identify as Done(Late).
Adding Parents & Guardians to a Class
- To access students enrolled in the course and invite guardians, click on “Students” in the top menu bar.
- Students can be invited to class, removed, emailed, or muted.
- The class code can be made larger for displaying purposes.