CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Fundraising-Grants Coordinator
Title: Fundraising-Grants Coordinator *Position may be shared
Reports to: Finance-Administration Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. Camp dates and times will vary. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Solicit for donations and apply for available grants to offset CampHERO costs. Report to the Finance/Administration Chief and work with the Treasurer to track donations and document appropriately. Communicate with appropriate staff/volunteers to assure recognition of sponsors and donors.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and market sponsorship packages and donor opportunities.
- Communicate with sponsors and donors.
- Identify and apply for available grants.
- Coordinate all fund-raising with Girl Scouts of WI-Badgerland Council.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Finance-Administration Section Chief.
- Plan and implement the appropriate recognition of CampHERO partners, donors and sponsors.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the post-camp Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Work with PR/PIO to develop the Volunteer Recognition Program to include the promised sponsor, donor and partner recognitions.
- Work with PR/PIO to develop public recognition opportunities.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.