I am learning to DO RECIPROCAL READING
Why learning through reciprocal reading?
- It encourages students to think about their own thought process during reading.
- It helps students learn to be actively involved and monitor their comprehension as they read.
- It teaches students to ask questions during reading and helps make the text more comprehensible.
Here is my assessment:
- I share my predictions about what the text will be about
- I work together with my group to clarify words
- Together with my group I ask and answer questions
- I can summarise the article or part of an article
- I participate fully, contributing my valuable thinking
I think I need to really learn summarising but I
am a bomb at clarifying.
Akshay you give valuable contributions to your group. Remember reciprocal reading requires a lot of teamwork to create the best understanding and learning. We will look at the different levels of questions we can ask and answer. Lets talk more about how to summarise parts of text together Akshay.