Beloit College | IT Department
Flatbed Document Scanning
Epson Perfection v500 Office Scanner
- Open the Epson Scan software
- Open the scanner lid and place your document on the scanning bed face-down and aligned to the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Close the lid on the scanner.
- In the Mode dropdown at the top of the Epson Scan window, select Professional Mode.
- Make any desired adjustments to document type, image type, resolution, color, etc.
- You can click Preview to generate a quick preview scan.
- Be aware that the quick preview scan will be of lower quality than the final scan.
- Based upon the results, you can make adjustments to settings and repeat this step as necessary.
- Once you have refined your settings, click the Scan button to scan the image to a file.
- You will be prompted to input settings to save your file.
- Under Location, select your desired save location.
- Enter a filename prefix for your file.
- Under Image Format, choose the output format for your file.
- If you need to scan multiple pages into the same file, select PDF as the Image Format Type and check the box for Show Add Page dialog after scanning.
- Click OK to scan the document and save the file.
Note: Please make sure to save your file to an external device or personal cloud storage when you are done scanning, as files will be automatically deleted upon restart due to Deepfreeze. Deleted files will not be recoverable.
File Save Settings