Meeting Room Policy
The Portneuf District Library has two meeting rooms suitable for small groups.
- Public meeting space is available for use by non-profit organizations, social organizations, special interest groups and governmental agencies or organizations which qualify for non-profit status under the rules of Idaho State Code.
- Library sponsored activities are given priority in scheduling use of the meeting rooms. Second priority for booking the meeting rooms falls to community members living in the library’s district. Others may use the room as it is available.
- For events using materials that may cause carpet stains or significantly dirty the areas, (i.e. large quantities of food, paint, oils, etc.) a refundable deposit of $100 is required to cover cleaning in the event of a mishap.
- Reservations requiring a deposit may be taken over the phone, but the person responsible for the meeting must come into the Library to read the Meeting Room Policy and fill out the request form within the next two (2) business days and prior to the meeting.
- The Library must be notified if the group is unable to use the room after having reserved it.
- Library staff and patrons may not be solicited.
- Groups using the room are expected to return it to the state of upkeep in which it was found. Cleaning costs necessitated by the use of the room and/or damage to any equipment in the room or kitchen shall be the responsibility of the group using the room. If any costs or damages exceed the refundable deposit, the user(s) shall be required to pay the additional expenses. Failure to pay shall cost the user(s) the right to use the room and possible legal action by the Library.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Equipment should be reserved at the time reservations are made. Please mention equipment needs at the time of reservation. Failure to reserve equipment at the time of reservation may result in an inability to provide necessary equipment.
- Events must take place during the Library’s regularly scheduled hours unless prior approval has been given by the library director. Events that occur after the Library has closed shall be subject to additional fees of $30 per hour and are approved on a case-by-case basis.