THEORY TO PRACTICE
Field Experience ~ Spring 2014
Student Name: ________________________________________
Hamline email address:__________________________
Hamline ID#: _______________________
Instructor: Dana Coleman CRN #38367
GED 7867 ~ Theory to Practice
Type of Experience:
Middle School Observations
Duration, Frequency and Approximate Dates:
Hours can be completed however it works best for everyone involved. The 15 hours must be completed between February 24 - April 18.
* Make initial contact with your host teacher as soon as you receive your placement.
* Clearly communicate with your host teacher.
* Arrive in the classroom promptly.
* Remember you are here to learn not critique.
* Turn cell phones off.
* Come well prepared.
* Dress professionally.
* Remain trustworthy in commitments to the host teacher.
* Contribute to the classroom environment in positive, supportive, non intrusive ways.
* Support your host teacher as requested.
* Offer assistance as needed.
* Regularly engage with students to support their growth and development.
* Confidentiality is crucial.
* ENGAGE, REFLECT, ENJOY!
Host Teacher Involvement:
* Provide an opportunity for teacher candidates to observe, interact with students, and learn from your teaching.
* Complete a final online evaluation of the teacher candidate’s contributions to your classroom environment.
No direct supervision from Hamline. Professor may make a brief classroom visit.
Will be sent at the end of the semester.
Dana Coleman (651)523-2568
Office of Clinical Experience
School of Education