Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- 1 Cup Karo Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Cups Jiffy Peanut Butter, creamy
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4-5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Choose a shallow 9 X 13 pan or cookie sheet pan/stone *needs to have at least 1-inch sides on it, and line this pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your 4-5 cups of cereal. If you want gooey bars use 4 cups, but if you want a crunchy treat, add more cereal.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the corn syrup and sugars, stir to mix, and let come to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove pan from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter, then the vanilla.
- Fold the peanut butter mixture into the cereal until it is all mixed together.
- Pour out the cereal mix onto the lined pan, and spread it out evenly from corner to corner.
- Let the pan sit until the treats have firmed up, then cut into pieces.
- Wrap treats in Saran Wrap, and store in an air-tight container.
- Makes 24 bars