Last updated: 3/17/2014
Plano Solar Advocates
100% grassroots volunteer group
There will be key decision points along the way that each participant must evaluate to determine whether to proceed. We believe these will be those key decision points.
Decision Point 1 (DP1)
- After learning about the Solarize Plano Project, decide whether to enroll at the project website. This is NOT a commitment to buy, but a commitment to learn more. Yes or No
Decision Point 2 (DP2)
- After participating in the project information sessions, learning about PV solar, home orientation and shading considerations, roof age and building structure considerations, potential PV solar system sizes (in kW) that meets your objectives, and estimated system costs and calculations that affect installed costs, you must make the decision to proceed to the next step of having the selected solar company perform an on-site assessment and provide total system installation quotation. Yes, Maybe, No
- If Yes (see NOTE below) - then your address and contact information will be provided to the project selected solar company, who will then work with you to schedule and perform the on-site assessment and prepare a quotation. Note: this quote will be based on the project RFP, however, the exact final price might be adjusted based on the project’s achieved total installation pricing tier.
- If Maybe (see NOTE below) - then your address and contact information will be provided to the project selected solar company, but the company may treat your request at a lower priority.
- If No - then you are indicating that you do not want to further participate in the Solarize Plano Project at this time. Your email address will be removed from the project contact list so that you do not continue to receive project emails. However, you can still monitor status of the project by checking the website - http://www.solarizeplano.org/p/communications.html
- NOTE - If your response to DP2 is “yes” or “maybe” it is necessary that you provide responses to a short questionnaire so that the information can be provided to the selected solar company. Select 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire to open the questionnaire. The form will ask for the following type of information
- provide your best estimate for the size in kW that you anticipate having installed
- Is your home’s orientation and shading suited for best solar production? (i.e. a generally south, or south southeast, or south southwest orientation)
- Provide the age of your home’s main electrical panel. This will either be the age of your home, or less if you have had the panel replaced since the home was built.
- Do you already know how you plan to pay for the system installation (e.g. cash, Plano’s Smart Energy Loan, installer financing, other....)? Please specify your current intent.
- If you plan to use Plano’s Smart Energy Loan Program (http://smartenergyloans.com/) have you applied and met the necessary requirements to proceed with the loan funding?
- If you have an HOA, have you already informed them of your plans? If not, when do you plan to inform the HOA? (Some HOAs can require up to 30 days for project review - a time period which may jeopardize participation in the solarize group purchase if not started soon enough.)
Use 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire to open the questionnaire and provide your information
Decision Point 3 (DP3)
- After receiving and reviewing a quotation from the selected solar company, understanding the range of final prices based on the final project total capacity, arranged funding, then the final decision to sign the contract with the solar company to proceed with installation.
- If Yes - participant is committing to proceed with system installation and payments
- If No - then you are indicating that you do not want to further participate in the Solarize Plano Project