FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE OFFICE OF THE HONOURABLE MICHELLE REMPEL, P.C. M.P.
In accepting a pass to the House of Commons gallery from Hon. Michelle Rempel’s office I understand that:
- I am required to go through security scanning stations before entering the galleries
- Cameras, binoculars, tape recorders, communication or electronic devices, parcels, briefcases, overcoats, umbrellas, bags, and all other objects deemed to be safety issues are forbidden in the galleries. All such items must be checked at no charge at the checkroom prior to entering the gallery.
- I may bring a purse or handbag into the Gallery provided I am willing to let the security member on duty examine its contents.
- I must be dressed appropriately (i.e. visitors may wear casual dress and footwear must be worn).
- I will not participate in any form of demonstration, such as applauding or displaying political messages (ie. Placards, signs or clothing), or engage in any activity that may interrupt or disturb the proceedings of the House, such as standing or speaking loudly. I understand that this behavior is strictly prohibited.
- I am not allowed to read, write, stand or carry on conversations during the debates.
- I will be asked not to leave or enter the galleries when a vote is in progress.
- I will not lean over railings or place any articles on them
- I will remain seated until the Speaker has left the Chamber when the House adjourns.
I understand that seating in the gallery is limited and that seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. I understand that should the Member’s gallery be full the overflow of individuals with Member’s passes will be directed to the remaining seats in the public galleries.