- Teams will consist of 4 bowlers, but may bowl with less. At least 1 bowler must be on your official Club Sport roster. The same bowlers must bowl all match(no substituting bowling in during the match). For the playoffs all bowlers must be on your roster. All bowlers, including added players, must sign the roster waiver BEFORE the final game of the season in order to be eligible to play in the tournament. If a player is not signed in on the roster by then, they are not eligible for the tournament. Substitute bowlers are NOT allowed in the tournament.
- Teams will play scheduled opposing team head to head on side by side lanes and will cross bowl (one frame on one lane, the next on the other).
- Each bowler will have a handicap that is 90% of the difference of 220 pins and their average. Example: a bowler with a 143 average will have a 69 handicap(220-143 x 0.9) which will be added to each game Averages above 220 will carry a 0 handicap. Bowlers who have previously bowled in the league within the last 4 seasons will start with their final average for the last season bowled. New bowlers will establish their average after 3 games (first night).
- Substitute bowlers must specify on the score sheet who they are bowling for, and the substitute's games will be handicapped at 10 pins below the handicap of the bowler they are substituting for and capped at a net score of 220.
- 3 games will be bowled, each worth 2 points and 2 points will be awarded for total pinfall. In case of ties the point shall be split, each team earning 1 point.
- If a team only has 3 bowlers in one night (or less), The blind score recorded for the spot will be the absent bowler's average minus 10 pins plus that bowler's handicap for each game. For teams that do not have a full roster, vacant spots will be scored at 120+90 pin handicap.
- Late bowlers have until the last bowler finishes the 3rd frame to arrive in order to be counted for a game. There is no pre or post bowling for bowlers who cannot make the scheduled league time.
- Each team will be responsible for recording and totaling scores on the provided hard copy score sheet. TEAMS MUST TURN IN THE SHEET TO THE LEAGUE COORDINATOR AFTER THEIR GAME.
Bowler 2 (sub)
- Seven weeks of regular season play will be followed by an 8th week of playoff format.
- PLAYOFF FORMAT
- Each match is 2 games worth a total of 6 points.(2 points for each game and 2 points for total pinfall.)
- If each team has the same number of points after the two games the tiebreaker will go to the team with the highest bowler’s scratch(no handicap) game of the match.
- Seed #1 will play seed #4 and seed #2 will play seed #3 in the semi-finals
- The winning teams will play a final in the same format.
- The losing teams will play a consolation match in the same format.
- Teams that do not make the semi-finals will play head to head for fun ( #5 will play #6, etc). Seedings for playoff will be based on: #1. Total points earned, #2 Total Pin Fall for the season, #3 Coin flip.
- Season end High Game, High Average and High Series prizes will be based on a minimum of 11 games bowled.
- For leagues with cash payouts, the payouts will be made on the final night of the season. Teams that do not show up will forfeit their portion of the prize fund.
BOWLING ETIQUETTE TIPS:
- Be ready to bowl when it is your turn
- Don't go up onto the approach if a bowler on an adjacent lane is aiming or taking their shot
- The bowler on the right should bowl if both reach the approach at the same time. Stay off the approach while you wait
- Step back off the approach after making each delivery
- Refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures
- Play to win but be gracious in defeat. Bowling is both a sport and a recreation that you should enjoy regardless of the score. Be a good loser as well as a good winner...and most of all, have fun!