Term Project: E-Business in Organization
In this assignment you will analyze an organization’s e-business system. Choose an organization with a strong footing in e-commerce marketplace like Daraz, Chaldal, Bikroy, Pickaboo, e-newspaper, Sslcommerz, Easy, Shohoj and the similar.
A practical analysis like this better prepare you to solve real world e-business challenges.
Sections within the report
This is the road map for the rest of your report. Include the problem(s), the analysis and the results.
Requirement 1: E-business in organization
- Introduce the business and it’s key business focus.
- E-business mission/vision (state and justify)
- Define and describe e-business model using a diagram (see references for a sample template, use information from wikipedia)
- Elaborate on the range of products and services (selling products/service)
- Elaborate on the customer segments
- Elaborate on critical business process
- Drivers of e-business adoption in organization.
- Management of e-business/e-commerce in organization.
Requirement 2: E-business revenue model
- Elaborate on the value proposition of the e-business model.
- Elaborate on the revenue model of the organization.
- Explain the online (internet) marketplace structure
- three key players (competitors) [across the marketplace]
- customer segments [across the marketplace]
- Intermediaries [across the marketplace]
- location of trade [across the marketplace]
- product/service categories [across the marketplace]
- revenue generating strategy adopted by various firms
Requirement 3: E-business platform/infrastructure
- E-business applications available- e.g. ERP, CRM, SCM, data mining.
- Network technologies used (e.g. intranet, extranet, Internet, EDI, etc.) and its specific function (why the technology is used).
- Web technologies used in the software applications (e.g. web 2.0, blog, feed, widget, etc.). You can consider using the wappalyzer plugin to determine this.
- Web content management strategy for
- updating data and content
- Increasing speed and responsiveness.
Requirement 4: Digital strategy for e-business
- Describe the e-business strategy and describe how it supports its corporate strategy.
- Describe e-channel structure (multichannel, click, bricks-&-mortar, etc.).
- Analyze e-business strategy (e.g., SWOT, digital strategy model).
- Identify firm’s competitive threats (at least two) and describe how the firm can respond to those competitive threats.
Requirement 5: E-business Security
- Mention and briefly describe five IT security risks which can negatively impact the e-business.
- From those identified risks, select two which most likely to cause severe damage.
- For those two, suggest security management which can prevent or manage those risks.
In the conclusion
- stress the importance of the different analysis
- give the report a sense of completeness
While responding to these requirements, please make sure you do substantial group work.
Adeyl Khan Office: NAC 851 North South University