Owner: Finance and Administration Manager
System: Financial Management System
The purpose of this policy is to:
- provide potential students and students with clear and specific information regarding the refunding of pre paid Tuition Fees and other fees
- ensure that the College adopts an equitable standpoint regarding refund of prepaid Tuition Fees, and meets any regulatory requirements regarding the refunding of Tuition Fees
All fees associated with accredited training programs and non-accredited training programs.
Fees and Charges Policy
Refund Request Form
Unit Enrolment Start Date - the start date of a unit of study in which the student participates in training and or assessment corresponding to that unit.
Census Date – is the date 10 calendar days after the Unit Enrolment Start Date. It is also the date on which loan scheme debts for units of study are incurred by the student and the Australian Government is liable to pay a student’s tuition fees.
Prepaid Tuition Fees – fees paid in advance for a training program for a unit of study.
Refund Application Date – the date on which the submitted refund application form is received by the College.
Provider Default – is when Career Life College does not complete the provision of a training program for a specific study period(s)
- Students do not incur a financial liability for a unit until after the census date, which can be set no earlier than 20 per cent of the way through a unit of study. This applies to all eligible students whether they pay their tuition fees upfront or seek loan scheme assistance.
- The College may require a student to follow the College's own withdrawal procedure. However, a student who withdraws from a unit on or before the census date does not have to request a refund. The action of withdrawal is sufficient.
- A student will be repaid any Prepaid Tuition Fees that he or she may have paid upfront for a unit if the student withdraws from that unit on or before the census date. There is no legislative requirement for the College to refund upfront payments where a student withdraws after the census date. Any fines or penalties that the College intends to charge must be included as an incidental fee. The fines or penalties must not be withheld from the refund, but must be levied separately.
- Any fines or penalties charged must not be withheld from the refund, but must be levied separately.
- While it is not Career Life College policy to refund any part of Tuition Fees for a unit of study after the census date for that unit, in the case of provider default, where Career Life College does not complete the provision of a training program for a specific study period, all Tuition Fees corresponding to that unit will be refunded in full.
- Career Life College will refund monies corresponding to successful applications no later than 30 days after the Refund Application Date into the account nominated on the refund application form.
- Incidental Fees are non-refundable
- Materials Fees associated to 3rd Party resource providers are subject to the terms of those providers.
Full refund of
Before census date
When the refund application date is on or before the census date
After census date
When the refund application date occurs after the census date
Full refund – provider default
During study period
Full refund for current study period Tuition Fee and pre paid Tuition Fees corresponding to discontinued unit or course
No refund – breach of written agreement
During study period
When during a study period a student’s enrolment is cancelled due to a breach of his/her written agreement with Career Life College
Career Life College - Refund Policy | 109 - 370 St Kilda Rd Melbourne VIC Australia 3004
+61 3 9939 3128 | careerlifecollege.edu.au | ABN: 96139153763 | RTO Code: 22446