Marketing for Independent Shows
ImprovBoston provides invaluable stage time, industry standard production resources, professional staff, technical directors, ticketing and basic marketing coverage as well as creative and logistics support at no cost to you. You are responsible for engaging and attracting robust audiences through unique, creative and dedicated marketing efforts.
ALL INDEPENDENT SHOWS RECEIVE
- Listing on the ImprovBoston website.
- Show description, graphic (if you provide) and online sales at EventBrite.
- Social media promotion as strategically possible. IB must consider the marketability of your show given the materials you make available to the theater in relation to the 18-20 other weekly performances requesting media pushes.
- Inclusion in the weekly theater e-newsletter (pending length of run).
- Consideration for inclusion in a weekly Artistic Director e-newsletter.
- Consideration for inclusion in our monthly theater press release to local media.
- Consideration for ticket give-away promotion in weekly resident shows.
- Comp tickets for any industry guests.
BEFORE GOING PUBLIC
- Please submit artwork/graphics/promo pix for your show to Liz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mac (email@example.com) at least 2 weeks prior to your show's opening.
- Run all PR through the Managing Director prior to going live. This includes proofing press releases, potential interviews or radio spots, guerilla marketing, etc.
- ImprovBoston must be the primary contact for all press outreach.
- Inform ImprovBoston admin team of Facebook pages/events, Twitter handles and other social media initiative so they can assist with promotion
SHOWCASE SHOWS RECEIVE
- Marketing budget of up to $50/performance week based on plan submitted by you and approved by Managing Director. Plan to be delivered at least one month prior to first show.
- In-house graphic design provided by IB’s professional designer on retainer. You provide a high resolution cast photo.
- Boosted social media posts (promoted).
- Professionally printed poster in the IB windows (IB provides).
- Consideration for show-focused Google Adwords campaign using ImprovBoston’s AdWords account
- Consideration for posting to performing arts community websites including ArtsBoston and StageSource
- PSPrint.com and vistaprint.com for affordable, fast postcards and posters.
- Reproman (across the street from IB) for large posters.
- IB has a graphic designer on retainer we can recommend for independent teams to contract with if interested.
- Managing Director happy to consult with teams on effective marketing strategies.