Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
July 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Chad
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Comments: three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Consent Agenda
- BOD President (Nate)
- Proposed brewery in Harp buildings - see Regulation 47-326 of the Colorado Liquor Rules - 500 foot rule. Does the Board want to take a position?
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee (Chad)
- Head of School (Susan)
- Approval of Student / Parent Handbook
- Discussion regarding Board training credits for grant requirements
- Finance Director (Susan)
- Review and Approve June 30 Financials
- Fundraising Committee (Julie)
- Review proposed fundraising policy. First Reading - for information only (See RE-1 policy BG - School Board Policy Process)
- Discussion of procedure and form
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- School Registration, August 8 & 9
- Back to School BBQ, August 18
- First Day of School, August 24
- Montessori Philosophy Night, September 27
- Next BOD meeting
- August 15
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s)