Fall Computer Programming Syllabus Instructor: Gina Hansen
- Develop a basic web page.
- Demonstrate use of a document object model (DOM) and be able to explain site hierarchy.
- Implement basic hyperlinks, images to a web page, HTML canvas objects & file dependent links.
- Create menus, tables &/ frames to organize a site.
- Understand and research web publishing options.
- Explain the role of HTML in Web Development.
- Understand W3C, accessibility, and current Web Standards.
- Examine current XHTML and move to XML.
- Explain the role of markup language in DOM and Document Interchange development.
- Use basic HTML tags and objects to format text and images.
- Create web page forms.
- Use Style Sheets to format uniformity of page styles, color, text, and objects.
- Integrate graphics, image maps, and other media into web documents.
- Create navigational frames, tables, and forms.
- Design, test, and troubleshoot external web documents and objects.
- Examine web extensions through server-side and client-side scripting.
SOFTWARE (lab dependent)
- CURRENTLY: Microsoft OS, Notepad++, REPL.it, code.org App Lab, GIMP, Adobe Creative Suite CC
- PLANNED: Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, Blender, Android App Lab
- 25% Projects
- 25% Tests / Quizzes
- 25% Attendance & Participation
- 25% Daily Work Assignments
NOTE: Students who pass with a B or better and score 80% or higher on the Final Exam may receive ACC College Credit for CWB110 (Complete Web Authoring)
- Good attendance is required.
- Projects and exam can be completed during lab time. Each student’s work must be unique or credit the work of others. All assignments are due as indicated.
- Students requiring special consideration due to physical or mental limitations should make prior arrangements with the instructor to ensure appropriate assistance.
Upon Completion of this Course, students interested in more Computer Science classes should consider one of the following certificated programs at Arapahoe Community College: Computer Information Systems Certificate, Computer Network Technology Certificate, Computer Technician Certificate
SPRING UNITS →
Computer Science 2018-19
Columbine High School