CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Training/Orientation Coordinator
Title: Training/Orientation Coordinator *Position may be shared
Reports to: Personnel Director
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp times and dates will vary. Post camp reporting.
Develop, schedule and deliver CampHERO Training for all volunteers. Work with Personnel Director, Girl Scout Council staff and other CampHERO staff to develop training/orientation curriculum.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement CampHERO orientation and training for all volunteers.
- Girl Scouts 101
- CampHERO Orientation
- Training specific to volunteer positions.
- Use multi-media to deliver training in flexible ways.
- Schedule and track attendance and report to the Personnel Director.
- Plan and implement evaluations to measure the effectiveness of the orientations and training.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Personnel Director.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be or become a registered member of GSUSA.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.