Nutella Bundt Cake
From Don’t Judge Me for My Sweet Tooth
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (Devils food)
- 1 small box chocolate pudding mix (3.9 ounces)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¾ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Nutella
- chopped hazelnuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°, heavily grease a large bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients together for 3 minutes on high. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
- While cake is cooling make frosting: In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella; beat on high until creamy.
- Scoop frosting into a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner of the bag, or use a piping bag with a large round tip. (Or, do what I do, and just spread it over til it looks kinda pretty.)
- When cake is completely cooled, pipe the frosting over the cake in a back and forth method. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts over the top if desired.
1 hour 15 minutes
Approximately 20 servings
You can make double layer (for a VERY LARGE GROUP): make 2 cakes, then when both are cooled place one cake upside down on serving tray. Spread layer of frosting over the top, then place second cake on top. (Makes a sphere-like cake.) Drizzle frosting over top as directed.
Source (for original): Chef in Training