School Supply List for Sixth Grade, 2017-18
Dear Incoming Sixth Graders,
Welcome to Sixth Grade! Here is the list of supplies that we would like you to have for school. Please try and get these materials together as soon as possible. If there are questions about any of these items or you have a problem getting any of them, see your teacher the first week of school, and we will work it out.
- A three ring binder (1.5-2 inch spine) - This needs to be only big enough to keep
your papers neat and organized between school and home. Please do not bring a huge binder. You will not need it, and storage is an issue.
- Notebook paper, white, college or wide ruled.
- One Spiral-bound notebook, single-subject.
- Dividers - you will need six.
- Pencil pouch - the kind that has holes to hook into your binder, to transport
pencils/pens from home to school and class to class.
- Pencils - at least THREE. Mechanical pencils are fine, but also have regular pencils as backup.
- Handheld Pencil Sharpener with waste catcher - these greatly save time and prevent disruptions. They are also essential for art and for sharpening colored pencils. Please do not overlook this important tool.
- Erasers – either pencil top or block. You should have two.
- Highlighters - two, each a different color - we use these all year. They may be
thick or thin.
- Book covers – You will need three. They do not need to be store-bought. Brown paper bags work just as well. If you buy stretchy ones, you will need to buy 3 jumbo. Please do not buy the ones that stick to the cover of the books - they are difficult to remove.
- Backpack or book bag that is sturdy enough to hold and protect books between school and home.
We have class sets of colored pencils, scissors, crayons, and rulers for you to use, but if you want to bring your own, you may. Please, cover all your textbooks the first week of school. You may use brown paper bags or store bought covers. Please no plastic, stick-on covers. Also, please no Sharpie permanent markers.
Ms. Couling and Mrs. Day
Sixth Grade Teachers