TIPS FOR NEW PLAYERS:
To help you get more enjoyment of the game of Pickleball, here are a few simple tips. For more extensive tips visit the USA Pickleball Association website at: http://www.usapa.org/basics-tips-for-new-players/
- Always stretch before your first match.
- Get to know the Pickleball Rules to avoid faults.
- Practice makes perfect. Pickleball requires dedication in order to improve.
- Keep the ball in play. The easiest way to lose is to give away free points.
- Get your serve in every time to have a chance to win a point.
- Remain behind the baseline after your serve and let the ball bounce before you hit it.
- Call out the score every time you serve, loud enough so your opponents can hear the score.
- Keep your paddle up in the ready position near your chest, to react to fast shots.
- Use your forehand as much as you can.
- Placement is more important than power. When possible, hit at the opponent's feet.
Most importantly be patient and have fun!