UMMSM Academic Societies 2014-2015
Thank you for purchasing supplies/food for your society. In order to be reimbursed in a timely manner, please follow the directions below. The details are very specific per the request of the Student Activities Office and Academic Societies.
- On the BERF fill out only the highlighted sections of the form. Do not fill out additional information on the form, it will not be accepted otherwise. Complete the following:
- UM Student checkbox
- C number
- US Mailing Address - address reimbursement check will be mailed to
- Under “use this area to explain purpose of trip(s)/expense(s)” only put your Society name, please do not add anything else
- Sign and date the form under “payee’s signature”
- You must attach the original, itemized receipt. Make a photocopy for your own records. The receipt must be itemized and cannot have items purchased for personal use (you cannot request less money back than shown on your receipt).
- For example, if you purchased food at Publix for an event do not include shampoo for you on that same receipt.
- Your reimbursement packet must also include the following:
- Society sign-in sheet for the event with signatures (including cover sheet)
- Email announcement (including who the email was sent to) or flier announcing the event
- Make a copy of the Society sign-in sheet (including cover sheet) and turn into AS Exec Events mailbox to receive Spirit Stick points for the event
- Place the completed reimbursement packet in the AS Exec Director mailbox for processing. The completed packet will include the following:
- Properly completed BERF
- Itemized receipt
- Society sign-in sheet (including cover sheet)
- Email announcement/event flier
- Corey Hiti (CJHiti@med.miami.edu) and Mikhaylo Szczupak (email@example.com) will submit completed reimbursements to the Office of Student Activities every Friday. Please contact us if you have any concerns.