Here is an update regarding our CDS FP Soccer - Fall Finale. To finish our FP Fall Soccer Season, we will have a final opportunity for students to utilise their soccer skills, be physically active, and show their fantastic sportsmanship. This is also an opportunity for those who are new to soccer to see if it is the right sport for them, and perhaps encourage them to play, next spring, in our FP Spring Soccer Season.
Link to the Schedule and Standings
For this event, our FP players are divided into teams and competing against one another.
Event: CDS FP Soccer - Fall Finale
Event Date: 9am - 3:30pm, Sunday, December 6, 2015
Event Discipline: 2, 3, or 4 A-Side Soccer (#s depend on attendance)
Venues: FP Gym (G1 & G2), MSHS Gym (G3 & G4)
- we have 28 students registered among the four grades
- G3s and G4s will play together. From the students who signed-up, the coaches made four teams.
- G1s and G2s will play together. From the students who signed-up, the coaches made three teams.
- for the G3s and G4s, we aim to play 4 a-side
- for the G1s and G2s, we aim to play 3 a-side (two players and one keeper); we might play 2 a-side (two players and no keeper) depending on participants
- traditional goalkeeper nets are not used; they will be the knock-down pins (bowling-style)
- clothing - If you have your FP Lil’ Phoenixes soccer uniform, please wear it! It will be cool, even in the gyms. As such, please (also) wear the PE uniform (sweatpants, hoodie and/or CDS jacket). If you do not have the soccer uniform, your polo shirt and the PE clothes will be fine. Write your name on everything!
- Players are requested to wear shin guards. It is recommended to wear sport goggles rather than regular eye glasses.
- 12pm-1pm potluck lunch - parents are asked to bring something small to share with the FP parent community
- please sign-up, here, for the potluck to tell us what you plan to bring. Check the list to see what others are bringing, too. No pressure! You do not have to bring something!
- feel free to bring some food that is representative of your culture!
- this will be a buffet style, potluck lunch held in the cafeteria
- parents, you are encouraged to bring camping style chairs, if you have them. Even though the event is indoors, you are welcome to use a camp chair.
- 9am-12pm morning: group stage - round robin
- double round robin for 1s and 2s
- single round robin for 3s and 4s
- 1pm-3pm afternoon: final stage - single elimination tournament
- 3pm-3:30pm closing
- games will be 18mins long (2 nine minute halves with a 2 minute halftime)
- the 1s and 2s will play four games each in the morning; they’ll play one or two in the afternoon
- the 3s and 4s will play three games each in the morning, they’ll play two in the afternoon