GOOGLE CHROME ACCESSIBILITY TOOLS TO SUPPORT UDL
- Readability-makes web pages easy to read by removing clutter.
- Clearly-with one click, Clearly makes blog posts and articles clean and easy to read.
- Bookshare Web Reader-reader app for Bookshare users.
- High Contrast-change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read.
- Google Dictionary-double click a word for definition and pronunciation.
- Google Translate-Google's free online language translation service instantly translates text and web pages.
- TabScissors -splits the browser window into 2 equal parts, placing a tab in each window.
- TabGlue -combines all Chrome windows into one.
- Speak it or Select & Speak-select a text and have it read to you.
- Read&Write for Google (Free version)- text to speech tool (including hover speech)
- Extensity-the ultimate tool for lightning fast enabling and disabling all your extensions for Google Chrome.
ACTION & EXPRESSION
- Voice Typing (NEW!)- a speech to text tool that works in Google docs (Tools-->Voice typing)
- Voice Recognition-dictation app that works with Dropbox and Google Drive so you can easily export.
- FastFig-makes digital math possible. You can type math or text straight from the keyboard.
- Daum Equation-tool for quickly writing equations that you can save as text or images to use in documents.
- Easybib (add-on)-allows you to easily create a bibliography for your research paper.
- Diigo-add digital highlighters and sticky notes whether on PC, tablets, or mobile, and have them always be where you left them when you return!
- Grammarly Extension-the free Spell Checker & Grammar Checker by Grammarly helps you write clearly and confidently on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly anywhere else on the Web.
- Ginger Extension- Ginger Page for Chrome is the ultimate tool for writing, offering everything you need to write great English in your favorite websites.
High interest reading for students reading below grade level:
- Newsela or Newsela Chrome app-daily news articles at 5 reading levels from grades 3–12 to drive gains in literacy.
- Readworks-ReadWorks provides passages directly to educators online, for free, to be shared broadly.
- Tweentribune- a free, not-for-profit online newspaper for kids, aged 8–15. It is updated daily with stories from the Associated Press that are chosen based on relevancy to pre-adolescents.
- TLDR (Too Long Didn’t Read)- is a free extension that creates a summary of any web article without leaving the original page.
- Rewordify- copy and paste text to this free website. It will simplify difficult text..
- Textcompacter- free online automatic text summarization tool