Beer Batter Shrimp and Horseradish Cocktail Sauce
- 1-2 Cups Aunt Jemima Original Pancake Mix
- 1-2 Cans Beer
- 24 large Shrimp
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 T Horseradish
- Add Aunt Jemima Original Pancake Mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in beer slowly, whisking it into the mix, and continue adding until the batter is thick but will drip from the whisk. The batter may thicken up as you use it, so more beer may be needed.
- Heat oil in a shallow skillet or you can also use a deep fat fryer.
- Drop a small bit of batter into the oil. When it starts to bubble around the batter, the oils is ready.
- Place shrimp in the skillet evenly, and do not let them touch or they will cook together.
- Let brown, about 2-3 minutes, then turn, and cook until brown on that side.
- Take out and let drain on paper towels, then place in a warm oven until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve plain or make the Horseradish Cocktail sauce and serve that over the shrimp.
- To make the sauce, mix ketchup and horseradish together in a small bowl. Add more horseradish for hotter sauce or more ketchup to calm the heat.