Group Discussion Boards are separate from the regular course Discussion Board, which is available to all course members. Members of the group can create and manage their own forums, and access is limited to group members and instructor users only.
To create a new thread in a group’s discussion board:
- Navigate to the course shell that you wish to setup the discussion board in.
- Select Users and Groups, and click Groups.
- On the next page, find the group you wish to edit and click on it (For this example, we will be using Group 1).
- Click on the link for Group Discussion Board.
- On the next page, select the button labeled Create Forum.
- On the next page, give the thread a name and an optional description.
- Next, set the availability options in the fields represented below.
- Modify the other options, as you would with a normal discussion board. When you have finished, press Submit. You will see a green confirmation bar on the next screen.