Daily Announcements – October 19, 2017
This Week Activities:
Monday MS/HS Honor Band @ White River Concert 5:30 MST
Tuesday Custer VB Triangular, 4:30 (Bus leaves @ 1:30)
Wednesday NCRC Testing for all Seniors
Thursday FB vs Bison, 6:00
Friday New Underwood VB Triangular, 4:00 (Bus leaves @ 2:30)
Saturday State XC Meet @ Rapid City Hart Ranch Campground
Halloween Carnival from 5:00-8:00 in Multi-Purpose Room
Lunch for today, October 19, 2017: Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Lettuce Salad, and Grapes
Breakfast for October 23, 2017: Mini Pancakes and Oranges
Lunch for October 23, 2017: Hamburger Pocket, Steamed Broccoli, and Pineapple
***Breakfast served with fruit daily along with choice of 100% juice or 1% white milk.
*** Lunch served with fruit and vegetable daily along with a choice of 1% white milk or skim chocolate milk.
· Pep Band will play Thursday Oct. 19 FB vs. Bison. Be at the field ready to play no later than 5:20pm!!
· There will be a JH Wrestling meeting on Monday October 23rd at 3:45pm in the Library.
· State XC is Saturday, Oct. 21st at Hart Ranch Campground. Keaunna Poor Bear runs at 12:30.
Meet times are:
Medal top 25 individuals
· Congratulations to the following athletes on being selected to participate in the 20X rodeo!!
· Cash Wilson
· Trey Elshere
· Tate Eisenbraun
· Wynn Schaack
· Jaicee Williams
· Emilee Pauley
· Alternate-Kassidy Sawvell
· Shelby Ruland
· Trista Reinert
· CONGRATULATIONS to the All-State Chorus members!
Michaela Ironcloud-Soprano Alt.
Korra Westby-Alto Alt.
James Schanaman-Bass Alt
Musician of the month —Meghan Patterson
Athlete of the month Football—Bradan McDonnell
Athlete of the month Volleyball—Cooper Jo McLaughlin
Please stop and pick up your coupons in the office!
· Congratulations to the following new National Honor Society members!
· Please check your stylus pens on your computers. If you CANNOT read the numbers anymore please contact Mr. Poste.
· There will be a NHS meeting over lunch on Monday, October 23, 2017, in the library for all NHS members (old and new).
· **All HS Rodeo kids - Rodeo memberships are due November 1st**
· Seniors/Senior Parents:
We will be having a financial aid night at Wall High School on Tuesday, October 24th at 5:15 p.m. for seniors and senior parents. Please mark your calendar!
The Financial Aid Coordinator from WDT will be here to give a financial aid presentation and then can even help you complete the FAFSA that night after the presentation if you bring your 2016 Federal Tax Returns. Our financial aid night is earlier than it has been in the past because students are now able to complete the FAFSA starting in October!
Please come to this meeting if you have any questions about financial aid and/or the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid
· M-TH 8:53-9:53
· M-TH 2:00-3:00
· T & TH 7:50-8:50
· STUDENTS: Please remember to check your emails. School announcements are sent every morning and any messages we need to get to you will be sent via emails as well.
Elem- Jaxon Arnio, Rivers Arnio, Tony Baeza, Torra Meeks, Carter Sundall, Kyler Kjerstad, Jensyn Rave, LJ Creviston, Madison Hall
High School- Ronnie Losh, Aiden Petersen,
Caring Message- Show your school spirit and take an active part in making our school a better place by volunteering your services. If you’d like to join a club or volunteer to be a student representative, see your teachers or guidance counselor for suggestions.
Events for Children and Youth at Wall Community Library
Fridays, at 9:00 a.m.
Stories, rhymes, games and a craft
Designed for ages 3-7, but all ages are welcome
Friday, October 20, Cats and Ducks?
Friday, October 27, BOO! Costumes welcome.
Read for the Record Drop-In Story Time:
Thursday, October 19, 9:00 – 12:30 or 1:30 – 5:00
Have fun listening to Quackers by Liz Wong, create a duck mask, and help break the record for people reading the same picture book on the same day all over the United States! Bring your children to the library when it works for you, enjoy the story, and be counted.
Teen Read Celebration:
Teen Read Week at the Wall Community Library is being stretched to last until the end of October. The library has a few open shelves due to work towards expansion of the children’s area, and the newest young adult books are on display. Teens are invited to suggest books to add to the collection. Everyone who submits a suggestion will be entered in a contest to win a $10 Amazon gift certificate.