COMMUNITY OUTREACH CHAIR
Title of Position
Community Outreach Chair
Member of Board
No, RECAMFT Team
Attends Board meetings
Length/timing of term
One year or more
The purpose of the committee is to provide speakers to civic organizations, schools, social service agencies, businesses and professional organizations. The purpose of this is to (1) acquaint the community with the work of MFTs and (2) contribute to the community information that enhances mental health and to encourage the use of mental health services, when needed.
In addition to providing a community service, the Speakers’ Bureau provides members an opportunity for networking as well as a vehicle for bringing their expertise to the chapter and the community. It also offers the speakers an opportunity to improve their presentation skills in consultation and with the support of other members of the Bureau.
II. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create agenda for monthly meetings and chair meetings
- Receive requests for presentations
- Offer requests to members appropriate to their ability to fulfill (i.e. topic and schedule)
- Keep calendar of presentations
- Give and encourage feedback to presenters at meetings
- Follow up on telephone or email contact with presenters and organizations making the request
- Write monthly  report for newsletter and report to the Board
- Keep file  of members’ professional background and expertise
- Oversee outreach/mailing projects
- Delegate duties for fulfilling projects (copying, bulk mailing, letter formatting, etc.)
- Coordinate trainings in public speaking as needed
- Train the incoming chair(s) when leadership changes
- Report activities to Board and attend February and October Board meetings
- Postings on RECAMFT social media
III. COMMITTEE STRUCTURE AND BUSINESS: General
- Meet once a month from September to June. Bureau members must attend meetings once a month in order to contribute to Bureau projects and be eligible to receive speaking engagements.
- Provide chair(s) with professional background statement or vitae
- When accepting a presentation from chair, call person making request and arrange date and time for presentation. Call chair to inform of when talk is to be given. After presentation, pass out evaluation to participants. Bring evaluations to next Bureau meeting and report to members regarding presentation and be open to feedback.
- Attend meetings regularly and participate in outreach activities – composing letters, securing labels for mailings, stuffing brochures and letters, etc.