Junior Coaches Contract
The following is a proposal for paying the head coach of the Junior Boys and Junior Girls provincial teams. The contract outlines the responsibility of the coach, along with the payment agreement, and would be signed by the Ultimate NL Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or Ultimate NL President, the Sport Development Coordinator, as well as the chosen coach.
Payment for the coach would come out of the Ultimate NL Sport Development budget under coaching (the next budget will reflect this change).
Payment would be for $100/week per head coach (one head coach for boys, one head coach for girls) and would be paid out bi-weekly. This does not include travel cost for the coach. The travel cost, accommodations and food stipend would be covered by the team and included in the team budget.
Payment would be made by the Ultimate NL CFO to the respective coach and the first payment would be paid 2 weeks after coaching has commenced.
Note: The equipment needed by the team (6 discs, and 24 cones) will be provided to the team by Ultimate NL and returned to Ultimate NL when the season is complete.
Please see contract below.
ULTIMATE NL COACH EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT
This Employment Contract, dated __________________(dd/mm/yyyy), is entered into by and between Ultimate NL on behalf of the ___________________ team, and ______________________________________ (“the Coach”).
A. The Coach desires to coach Junior Provincial Girls/Boys team (the Team).
B. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Contract, Ultimate NL desires to retain the services of the Coach, for the Term set forth below.
C. Before this contract is binding the Coach must pass a Criminal Code of Conduct form from the RNC and present it to Ultimate NL. The Coach agrees to promptly complete required paperwork to initiate such background check. If the Coach fails to pass the background check, this contract shall be null and void.
Upon entering an agreement, the parties agree to the following::
1. Coaching Position and Duties. The Coach agrees to be the “Head Coach” of the Team and to perform all of the duties and services necessary and normally associated with that position, including, without limitation, the following:
Practices. The Coach agrees to conduct practices and other support sessions (games, conditioning) during the term of this Contract. The number, duration and content of those practices and sessions will be determined by the Coach in the best interests of the Team. In the event of any dispute between the Team and the Coach concerning the number, duration or content of the practices, the Coach must consult with Ultimate NL Sport Development Coordinator and and Ultimate NL Coaching Learning Facilitator, the decision of whom will be final and binding on the Coach and Team.
Games and Tournaments: The Coach agrees to organize games and participate in available tournaments in order to help the team prepare for competition.
Travel. The Coach agrees to travel with the Team to games and tournaments for which travel is necessary or appropriate. Ultimate NL has no obligation to reimburse the Coach for travel costs and expenses. Any expense reimbursement will be made by an agreement between the parents of the team and the coach.
Training and Meetings. The Coach must attend all meetings, training seminars & clinics required by Ultimate NL. With the prior approval of the Sport Development Coordinator and the Board of Directors of Ultimate NL, Ultimate NL will reimburse the Coach for any additional courses or training seminars needed to coach the Team.
Player Evaluation. The Coach acknowledges and understands the importance of providing players and Ultimate NL with useful and constructive feedback, through evaluations, for each and every player on his/her team throughout the season. Coaches are expected to provide feedback to players on a regular basis as part of Ultimate NL’s commitment to player development.
Deliverables: The Coach provide biweekly reporting of duties performed, number of players attending practices and hours spent on team activities to Sport Development Coordinator.
2. Compensation. For the services to be performed by the Coach under this Contract, the Ultimate NL will execute a fixed coaching stipend of $100 weekly. The Coach agrees not to accept payment of the Coaching stipends other than from Ultimate NL. The Ultimate NL stipends will be reduced proportionately to reflect any failure by the Coach to complete the terms of this Contract.
3. Payment Schedule. Ultimate NL will pay the Ultimate NL Coaching stipend to the Coach as follows, amount shown does not reflect tax withholdings:
Ultimate NL Coaching Stipend before taxes
Total Coaching Stipends:
4. Term of Contract. This Contract begins on ________________(dd/mm/yyyy) and ends on ________________(dd/mm/yyyy) (the “Term”).
5. Conduct and Compliance. During the Term of this Contract, the Coach must:
Conduct. Use his or her best efforts to promote and maintain the success and reputation of Ultimate NL, and set, promote, and enforce (by his or her individual example and otherwise) the highest standards of leadership, fair play, and good sportsmanship by Ultimate NL players and coaches.
Compliance. Comply with all of the rules and regulations of Ultimate NL (including, without limitation, its drug and alcohol use policies), and promote and enforce compliance with those rules and regulations by junior players and coaches. The coach agrees to abide by the Ultimate NL Code of Conduct and portray the expectation, to players and parents, that they also abide by the Code of Conduct.
Reporting. Promptly report, to the Sport Development Coordinator, on all issues or problems that arise with respect to the Coach’s conduct or compliance, or with the conduct or compliance of the Team, or any individual member of the Team or parent/guardian of a player.
6. Equipment and Materials. The Ultimate NL will provide all necessary equipment and materials required to coach the Team and to perform the services contemplated by this Contract. The Coach, or other designate, must bring all such equipment and materials to each practice and game so that they are available to the Team. All equipment and materials must be returned to the Ultimate NL, as soon as possible after the completion of the season.
7. Termination. This Contract automatically terminates at the end of the Term. The Coach may resign his or her position under this Contract prior to the end of the Term upon not less than 20 days’ prior notice to the Sport Development Coordinator and/or the CFO. Ultimate NL may terminate the Coach under this Contract, without cause, upon not less than 20 days’ prior notice to the Coach. In addition, without limiting the foregoing, Ultimate NL may immediately terminate the Coach under this Contract if the Coach at any time:
(a) Commits any breach of any of the provisions of this Contract; or
(b) Acts in a reckless or negligent manner with respect to the Team and/or any member of it; or
(c) Becomes of unsound mind; or
(d) Is the subject of a criminal indictment or presentment for, is convicted of, or enters a no contest plea with respect to, any criminal offense that, in the reasonable opinion of Ultimate NL, relates to his or her services under this Contract or his or her fitness to act as Coach of the Team; or
(e) Engages in any conduct that is detrimental to or that brings discredit to Ultimate NL or its reputation; or
(f) Fails or refuses to follow the directives of Ultimate NL with respect to his or her services under this Contract provided that such directives are reasonable; or
(g) In the reasonable opinion of the Ultimate NL Board, is unable to perform the duties of Coach under this Contract because of repetitive absences or because of illness or otherwise.
8. Non-Compete. During the Term of this Contract, the Coach agrees that he or she will not engage in any other outside coaching services or activities for any team, or association or other group other than the Team and Ultimate NL without the prior written approval of the Director of Coaching.
9. Miscellaneous Provisions.
(a) Prior Agreements. This Contract represents the complete and final agreement between the Coach and Ultimate NL. This Contract supersedes and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior promises, contracts, agreements, and understandings of any kind, whether express or implied, oral or written, with respect to the subject matter of this Contract (including, without limitation, any promise, contract, or understanding, whether express or implied, oral or written, by and between Ultimate NL and the Coach), and the parties to this Contract have made no agreements, representations, or warranties relating to the subject matter of this Contract that are not set forth in this Contract.
(b) Amendments. No amendment or modification of this Contract will be deemed effective unless made in writing and signed by the Coach and Ultimate NL.
(c) No Waiver. No term or condition of this Contract may be deemed to have been waived, nor shall there be any estoppel to enforce any provisions of this Contract, except by a statement in writing signed by the party against whom enforcement of the waiver or estoppel is sought. Any written waiver may not be deemed a continuing waiver unless specifically stated, shall operate only as to the specific term or condition waived, and shall not constitute a waiver of such term or condition for the future act or as to any act other than as specifically set forth in the waiver.
(d) Assignment. The Coach may not assign this Contract, as it is personal to the Coach. Ultimate NL may assign this Contract in whole or in part with or without prior notice to Coach to any successor, club team or association.
(e) Severability. Any provision of this Contract that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will be, as to such jurisdiction, ineffective to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining portions of this Contract or affecting the validity or enforceability of those provisions in any other jurisdiction.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Contract as of the date noted in the first paragraph.
Printed Name: _______________________________________
Ultimate NL Director of coaching
Ultimate NL Chief Financial Officer/President
Printed Name: _______________________________________